PDA

View Full Version : cant cope .

ella32
27-05-15, 20:02
Please can anyone help. I have posted a bit lately about chest pains every day and hea rt attack fears that I have. I can't seem to stop the cycle of negative thoughts surrounding heart. I have had tests done in 2013 on heart and was told it was normal . Trying so hard to not let this fear overwhelm me but I can't cope at mo. Have upper back pain aswell today which doesn't help the fear. I'm scared to sleep incase I don't wake up.x can anyone relate and help me . Why can't I accept that these kind of pains aren't heart related and possibly just muscle tension.xx help please

crazymum25
27-05-15, 20:13
Stop negative thinking please your making your body tense that's prob the reason for back ache bet you haven't relaxed properly sit upright on sofa ... Do it now let your body flop shake every body part one by one then allow your body too flop again stop thinking about chest ppains have a hot bath go do your tan paint your nails do your hair dye your hair or go get the mop stick your favourite tune on sing it dance it out your system !!!,go on girl

Davit
27-05-15, 20:53
Okay you had the tests done and you are fine but you are trying to ignore the pain.
Stop doing that. What would you do if it was your heart, this is hypothetical since it isn't but it gives you a focus. All anxiety thoughts have a time limit. So what would you do? what are the symptoms? Are they exact or just close.? What else could it be? We are using up the clock here on your anxiety. Keep going. Who do you know had a heart attack? We are clearing out adrenalin as these thoughts get monotonous. Keep going, you aren't fed up with this line of thinking yet. Throw in something that doesn't belong. How about apple pie. Anxiety should be less now, How about coffee and vanilla ice cream to go with the pie.
How about, the doctor was right? No keep thinking about the symptoms then, use up those thoughts and that time limit. This is silly but it works. Think it is silly even. Keep the focus around the symptoms to use up the time but keep throwing in things that don't belong.

worrywart29
27-05-15, 20:54
Not waking up from sleep was one of my fears before I realized that whether I'm sleep or awake if I'm going to die it's going to happen. Believe it or not muscle pains can cause a lot of symptoms including chest pains, headaches, dizziness, and even shortness of breath. I suffer from muscles aches and have a hard time convincing myself it's just muscular. The doctor told me if you could reproduce the pain then most likely it's muscular,so if by moving a certain way the pain come back it's muscular. Try to relax because anxiety only cause the body to tense even more.

ella32
27-05-15, 21:05
Thanks for replies. It's one of the hardest cycles to break. I feel like I'm falling apart. The pain and the automatic thoughts that come with it are draining me. I'm not eating enough which isn't helping cause I have no strength . I'm just struggling last few days and it's getting harderp