PDA

View Full Version : someone help me

diddler
27-05-15, 21:14
I'm so sorry i cant stop crying. I have a lipoma on my leg and I've read that in the thigh where mine is its a sarcoma and you could even lose your leg. My doctor has sent me to see someone at the hospital. I don't think I can cope with this i feel suicidal

---------- Post added at 21:14 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

The closer it gets to the appointment the more scared i am. I'm scared of everything there going to say or do. And nobody can help me. I don't want to lose my leg ,everything on there basically says if its in the thigh its not good

wubu
27-05-15, 21:34
Has the doc told you it's a sarcoma? It's always prefered to send someone to a dermo or someone with knowledge of issues such as yours to make sure all is ok.

You're worrying about something that you don't need to worry about. Google and articles can't examine you and give you a diagnosis.

Lipomas are found most often on the torso, neck, upper thighs, upper arms, and armpits, but they can occur almost anywhere in the body. One or more lipomas may be present at the same time. Lipomas are the most common noncancerous soft tissue growth.

diddler
27-05-15, 21:38
I know but ever since he said its grown and need to get it out its scared me so bad. And now I've read all the info on well deffrientiated liposarcoma I'm absolutely petrified. Every time I think of the doctor on Friday I want to run, but because I cant run away its making me feel suicidal. I just don't know what to do.

Fishmanpa
27-05-15, 21:42
I have a lipoma on my leg

You doctor says it's a lipoma. How does that become cancer? It doesn't, but with the help of Dr Google and your anxious mind it's making you think the worst.

Positive thoughts

diddler
27-05-15, 21:53
I know but it says they get it wrong because they feel so much alike. Its the fact that they worry about them being on the thigh. Mine feel awful, its big and horrid.

---------- Post added at 21:52 ---------- Previous post was at 21:51 ----------

I even Google the medical words they say. Exhibit stressful in itself

---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

Sorry exhibit is which

Fishmanpa
27-05-15, 21:54
I know but it says....

You can believe "it" or your doctor. I'd lean toward the trained medical professional that deals with "real" people on a daily basis over a computer algorithm.

Positive thoughts

wubu
27-05-15, 21:57
Limpoas do/will grow and a doc will always have something off like that than just leave it.

I had a mole off on my leg and I read everything and it screamed nodular melanoma and it got taken off and biopsy'd. All was ok.

You need to wait until Friday to see an expert. Google isn't an expert. I'm pretty sure you'll be back here Friday much more possitive.

Dazza123
27-05-15, 21:58
Yeah seriously now, your doctor knows more than your computer. Stop being silly, stop panicking, and trust your doctor, maybe turn your computer off. I have no idea why you are googling when you have already been seen by the doctor. Google is only telling you whatever it picks up in a search. Your doctor is real, trust your doctor :)

diddler
27-05-15, 22:07
Its because He knows how scared I get and wouldn't send me unless he was worried. He said two years ago it was lipoma I'm not sure if he thinks that now and thats why he has sent me. I haven't thought about it for two years well two and a half years so I haven't monitored its growth. so now I'm scared I should have. I'm having biopsy Friday so I think I will be in a worse state. I always hate myself for looking on Google but I always want a bit of comfort. I've been crying for a week now and it will probably get worse after Friday. I just feel alone and frightened and cant see anything good
Sorry guys just scared

Dazza123
27-05-15, 22:55
You look at google for comfort? :ohmy:

We have all been there, terrified, crying, thinking *this is it* then we are still here alive and kicking the next day so we are happy, until next time...

Stop googling, it won't help you, think of things that might keep you occupied, and that you may enjoy, just try to help yourself a little if you can.

diddler
28-05-15, 03:49
I've honestly tried. I'm waking up sweating and not sure why but I had really loose bowel movement in middle of night as well my stomach really hurt

Liv7117
28-05-15, 04:20
Hi, just wanted to give you some reassurance and say that my dad had a lipoma on his thigh. It's not always something horrible:)

diddler
28-05-15, 05:38
Hi thank-you. Do you know what size. sorry

Liv7117
30-05-15, 03:50
Hi sorry I'm not sure what size, I just remember him having it removed. This was a while ago. How are you doing?

diddler
30-05-15, 08:23
Hi liv I went back to the doctors and he says its just a lipoma and not to worry with hospital but to go back and see him in a few months. But thank-you for checking on me its appreciated. I hope your doing well

Liv7117
30-05-15, 17:27
That's great news! Your welcome:)

diddler
31-05-15, 08:56
Xxxxxxxxx :D