PDA

View Full Version : Could I get HIV this way?

Konstant
27-05-15, 23:53
Hello, i have been suffering from a HIV phobia for a while and it seemed like everything was getting better.. until a recent string of events. I'll make this quick and to the point.

I recently had to be fitted for a suit to wear for a party, but it never fit. So I had to go back many times to get it fitted, because they just didn't do it right. I eventually got into an argument because they didn't do their job correctly and I spent a lot of time and money to get this done.

I went today and they had me try on a different suit, since the other one was so terrible and the alterations would cost to much. I tried on the different suit, and I sliced my thumb open on a pin/staple..

Now, before I even went into the store today I was scared they would leave a needle in my suit for me to get pricked with, with possible blood on it.

thats what my main phobia really consists of- needles with hiv blood on it..

he gave me the new suit. i tried it on, got cut, started bleeding everywhere.. and now I'm in my room losing my mind...

am I at any risk? am i crazy for thinking someone would set me up like this? :weep:

Fishmanpa
28-05-15, 00:03
Hello, i have been suffering from a HIV phobia for a while and it seemed like everything was getting better.. until a recent string of events. I'll make this quick and to the point.

I recently had to be fitted for a suit to wear for a party, but it never fit. So I had to go back many times to get it fitted, because they just didn't do it right. I eventually got into an argument because they didn't do their job correctly and I spent a lot of time and money to get this done.

I went today and they had me try on a different suit, since the other one was so terrible and the alterations would cost to much. I tried on the different suit, and I sliced my thumb open on a pin/staple..

Now, before I even went into the store today I was scared they would leave a needle in my suit for me to get pricked with, with possible blood on it.

thats what my main phobia really consists of- needles with hiv blood on it..

he gave me the new suit. i tried it on, got cut, started bleeding everywhere.. and now I'm in my room losing my mind...

am I at any risk? am i crazy for thinking someone would set me up like this? :weep:

Unfortunately, it's as irrational as the other HIV fears you've had :shrug:

Positive thoughts

Konstant
28-05-15, 00:13
Unfortunately, it's as irrational as the other HIV fears you've had :shrug:

Positive thoughts

Thanks for always replying, I do appreciate it even if I don't always respond.

Why do I think like this.. I know things could be worse.. and sometimes I know better.. but theres like this trigger in my head that makes my whole body just shut down once I am overcome with the fear..

MyNameIsTerry
28-05-15, 06:36
I would suggest to you that you have OCD if this is all your fears are based on as OCD includes fears of contraction of disease from contamination. Contamination OCD includes the fear that others could influence you ability to contract something although if it is considered a deliberate act is would more likely be paranoia (I think) so its worth exploring this angle. See this link:

http://www.ocduk.org/types-ocd

Do you perform any rituals, either physically or mentally?

twtm2002
02-06-15, 18:41
hi - please see the post i have left regarding HIV and massage. I have conjured up a million scenarios and symptoms which suggest to me I have early stage infection but every doctor (all 4 of them) has said massage just isnt a way to contract HIV. But my brain doesnt move on. I have resorted to testing which is weak as I know it is a reinforcement technique but I actually just need some closure. Any reassurance would be great while I wait for the results in 7 days. I know massage oil destabilises the virus but also I presume the masseuse AND I would have had OPEN WOUNDS on BOTH sides i.e. me and her...this wasn't the case as I got dressed and walked out to my car and she showed me her arms (she had a short t-shirt) after the massage as she went to wash her hands....god I hate HIV anxiety!