PDA

View Full Version : sick of health anxiety!

aj201128
28-05-15, 01:40
Hey all, I'm at my wits end and so thankful I've found this group. Health anxiety is taking over my life. I had it bad about 9 years ago, I convinced myself I had breast cancer. I seen numerous doctors and wouldn't believe any of them when they said there wasn't anything wrong.
It got so bad back then my family tried to get me sectioned because I had totally lost the plot.
The health anxiety did settle, and I'd only panic now and again over my health. The past year tho it has come back with a vengeance. I've convinced myself I've had everything you can think off. The one I keep coming back to is cervical cancer. I can't shake the fear. I had my cervix checked a few months ago, and the doctor said my cervix looked very healthy.
I have recurring thrush which is causing pain during sex and slight spotting. I'm totally freaked out. I know deep down I don't have cervical cancer but I just can't convince my brain.
I have 3 children and a wonderful husband, and I'm missing out on them because I'm terrified of having cervical cancer. I can't live like this anymore.

lyndau63
28-05-15, 10:08
I am so sorry for you. I have had HA for a long time but, although I still freak out occasionally -this morning I am worrying about a small bump on my side which isn't even in breast tissue- I have it a bit more under control with Citalopram. All I can say is, just know that you are not a freak. All of us on here have this problem and I find it helps to know that you are not the only one BY ANT MEANS. It is so hard to live with, I know. My main foci are breasts and ovaries, occasionally bowels, uterus or brain tumours! Welcome to the group and all the best to you.

swajj
28-05-15, 11:44
When you say you had your cervix checked do you mean you had a pap smear? Do you know that most cervical cancer (ninety something percent) is caused by the HPV virus? It sounds like you are in a great relationship. If you and your husband have not had sexual contact with other people then it is very unlikely that you have cervical cancer.