PDA

View Full Version : Bleach making my lymph node swell??

Iamnervous
28-05-15, 07:16
I have a little swollen lymph node on the back of my neck that flares up pretty often. Doesn't ever go all the way back down. It's been there SO long. I have noticed a pattern that kind of is weirding me out. When I use bleach when cleaning (not absurd amounts just cleaning the toilet and stuff) my lymph node throbs. Kind of paranoid I have lymphoma. Is that the same as drinking alcohol and it hurting? I heard that was a bad sign...I actually have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning but I have to go to bed at some point. Help?!

---------- Post added at 06:16 ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 ----------

Also, have pain tonight on the back left side of my tongue and back of my throat. Does anyone have any ideas as to why cleaning products irritate my lymph node that aren't cancer because I need to sleep. 🙏

MyNameIsTerry
28-05-15, 07:35
Could it be the bleach fumes that have irritated your throat? This will pass so drink & eat things to help with it or even sick a throat lozenge.

I'm sure it's nothing though so please try to get some sleep, write it down on a notepad to ask your doctor at your appointment and try to rationalise this as being throat irritation from the fumes.

fallingstar
11-07-15, 03:52
I'm in a similar boat right now - I just used bleach cleaner in a spray bottle in a small amount to clean markings off a wall in a room. I used it outside prior to that to kill a patch of creeping poison ivy off my deck in the yard. I was up wind but maybe I breathed more in? Don't think so. Maybe it was when I was inside. But my chest (lung areas) are a bit sore from time to time - nothing crazy - just worrying with my anxiety. I'm obviously fine but my anxiety keeps saying, "nope - you're not"
Oh and let me add that once I used bleach in an enclosed room WITHOUT ventilation about 6 years ago. I got super light headed, chest pains, congestion etc and was still fine after some fresh air - so what's the deal with it freaking me out again?!?!