PDA

View Full Version : heart worries... again -_-

Emma_student
28-05-15, 13:08
Hi all,

So I had a bad panic attack yesterday because my heart was beating really fast. Checked my pulse and it was about 88 bpm, which i was scared crapless about. Then i checked it again today and it was about the same... Im not sure what a normal heart rate is for a 21 year old female, but im quite worried. I had issues with heart anxiety before but i manage to put them to rest until now. I was checked out by a doctor last year around xmas and was fine. Should i go again?

I kind of blame myself for whats happening to me and why. I drink but not much, i dont eat well, dont exercise much and i smoke occasionally and that coupled with exams is just not working out for my body but im too exhausted mentally and physically to make changes.

Anyone have any advice?

Fishmanpa
28-05-15, 13:16
I kind of blame myself for whats happening to me and why. I drink but not much, i dont eat well, dont exercise much and i smoke occasionally and that coupled with exams is just not working out for my body but im too exhausted mentally and physically to make changes.

Anyone have any advice?

Seems like you have no other choice but to make changes to me...

It's like the old joke...

Patient: Doc, it hurts when I do______

Doc: Don't do that!

Positive thoughts

Emilym80
28-05-15, 13:49
Hi Emma,

88bpm is actually fine, that could be your resting heart rate and it wouldn't cause you any problems. Between 60-100 is considered normal but athletes may have lower than 60.

My resting heart rate fluctuates between 66 (when I'm actually properly relaxed) and 90bpm. I wouldn't bother seeing a doctor about this if it had happened to me- it's really common for your heart rate to increase during a period of anxiety and it was still within the normal range! So you probably are in pretty good shape in terms of your heart. I doubt much, if anything, would have changed since the last time you saw a doctor about this.

I appreciate that making changes to exercise and eating habits are pretty difficult even without external stressors, but give it a try- I feel so much less anxious when I eat well and do a decent amount of walking every day.

Good luck with your exams- take care.

Emmapony
28-05-15, 22:21
88 BPM isn't an abnormal heart rate! It's slightly elevated but it's no where near a dangerous level. If your then panicking about your heart, anxiety will keep it high. Seriously you're fine :) I don't think you need to see the doctor unless there are any more abnormal symptoms. Hope you're okay :)