PDA

View Full Version : New to sertraline, in search of support please.

pessimisticpanicker
28-05-15, 21:56
Hi all, I am 21 years old and a long time sufferer of anxiety and depression. I have just started taking sertraline and have never been on medication before. I would like to support and be supported by like minded people as I'm feeling quite alone when it comes to this. I have been having some nasty side affects and increased anxiety so far with my medication but I know it's early days and it's to be expected. It would be nice to hear some other peoples experiences. I hope to hear from someone soon and would like to hear how people coped with their own side effects at the start.

spawn
28-05-15, 22:39
Hi,
Have a read through this (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=166309) thread and join in, theres loads of support and advice.
We have all gone through the nasty side effects, so we know how your feeling.
Gav.

pessimisticpanicker
29-05-15, 01:00
Thank you so much for your reply I will have a look now :)

wareing77
29-05-15, 08:41
As spawn said jump onto the starting sertraline help thread and join in. you're not alone, we're all in the same boat and can help each other out :-)

Dazza123
29-05-15, 08:43
Amazingly, sertaline is one medication that doesn't really give me side effects at all. Its a lot better than most of the others on offer.

Good luck with it, it will settle :)

wareing77
29-05-15, 09:07
Amazingly, sertaline is one medication that doesn't really give me side effects at all. Its a lot better than most of the others on offer.

Good luck with it, it will settle :)

I'm jealous!!!!

Dazza123
29-05-15, 09:11
I'm jealous!!!!

I once took Citalopram, and I am amazed I wasn't sectioned due to the side effects, I was pretty messed up and felt totally insane, I was off my head with anxiety - funny how different people have a different reaction.

I like Sertraline, Sertraline is my friend :D Im sorry if it isn't great for you, but long term I think its pretty spectacular and worth sticking with if prescribed, that is, if you can :yesyes:

pessimisticpanicker
29-05-15, 22:33
The side effects are pretty tricky because they make me wonder am I actually having them or is it my anxiety playing up because I'm expecting them! Vicious circle! This is my second week on sertraline so hoping I'm nearly over the worst of it! Thanks for the replies :) xxx

colinmckee2
29-05-15, 22:48
My anxiety is through the roof atm on day 11 but i'm determined to stick them out as if i go off them now i'll be at a loose end with my anxiety and that is just not an option. Atleast there's hope with these.

wareing77
30-05-15, 11:18
I once took Citalopram, and I am amazed I wasn't sectioned due to the side effects, I was pretty messed up and felt totally insane, I was off my head with anxiety - funny how different people have a different reaction.

I like Sertraline, Sertraline is my friend :D Im sorry if it isn't great for you, but long term I think its pretty spectacular and worth sticking with if prescribed, that is, if you can :yesyes:

I was given citalopram first and i went nuts on it, it was horrible! I seemed to have physical symptoms only on sertraline not mental ones!