PDA

View Full Version : Having a filling done tomorrow and very nervous!

BumbleGirl
29-05-15, 00:44
Tomorrow I am having a filling done and I'm assuming they will use local anesthetic to numb me and it's not the needle that's worrying me. It's the numb feeling that you get. I hate having part of my body that I can't feel and it always feels like I am going to choke or suffocate.

I need to calm my nerves somehow because my 9 year old son is coming with me and he's not scared of the dentist and I don't want him to become scared of the dentist!

Fishmanpa
29-05-15, 01:21
Telling you it's no big deal will not calm you but it really isn't... you'll be fine. Hopefully you can convince yourself of that.

Positive thoughts

Emilym80
29-05-15, 03:32
Try to accept the feeling and don't resist it or fear it- see it as a means to an end, the end being a sealed cavity.

I hope that helps.

BumbleGirl
29-05-15, 17:40
Thanks for the replies guys. Well I had it done. I asked him to do it without numbing injection but he said no cos it was quite deep. I nearly chickened out and I'm ashamed to say my son held my hand while I had it done!! How embarrassing!! Numbness is starting to wear off a lot now xx

feelthelove
29-05-15, 17:46
Thanks for the replies guys. Well I had it done. I asked him to do it without numbing injection but he said no cos it was quite deep. I nearly chickened out and I'm ashamed to say my son held my hand while I had it done!! How embarrassing!! Numbness is starting to wear off a lot now xx

I think its wonderful your son held your hand what a little hero he is looking after his mum like that you should be proud of him .

And glad you had it done and nearly got the feeling back xx