PDA

View Full Version : swollen gland question

lofwyr
29-05-15, 01:30
i know many have dealt with this here before, myself included. Quick question, my wife has a swollen lump behind her right ear, right on the bone, but it is palpable and moveable so not the bone and fairly soft. It is quite tender to the touch, and obvusly not a bug bite or ingrown hair or anything (no skin discoloration at all).

Is is a common thing? For it to be painful to the touch? It is like I a, looking for things to freak out about. I wish I could be e rock that she is.

swgrl09
29-05-15, 01:52
It is very common. Just search for "lymph nodes" on this site and you will find TONS of posts. I honestly just was dealing with this over the past few weeks. I was terrified even though I know better at this point, but nodes always have been a weak spot for me. My doctor told me yesterday that she wasn't worried about them because 1. movable 2. soft and 3. tender all lead to not being worrisome.

They can swell up a lot for loads of reasons. Usually I give it a few weeks and if I am still worried or it hasn't changed, I go and ask my doctor.