PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping problems!

Dazza123
29-05-15, 08:36
I am doing really well at the minute (famous last words)

I am taking 75mg x2 daily of Pregabalin, and 50mg Sertraline.

Problem is I am not sleeping.

I am averaging 6 hours a night if I am lucky, and last night I have had 4 hours.

The problem is, I am waking up and feel alert, which is great, but then throughout the day I am shattered and grumpy, but unable to sleep.

Does anyone else suffer with this? I have no problem getting off to sleep at night because I am shattered, but this waking up early malarky is getting on my nerves. I'm a good looking lad, but we all need a decent amount of beauty sleep, and I'm just not getting enough :winks:

hanshan
29-05-15, 09:33
I take pregabalin with mirtazapine - the mirtazapine works well for sleep for me, but again, everyone reacts differently.

SarahH
29-05-15, 09:44
Try taking your last dose about 2/3 hers before bed.... it helps me... although I also take sleeping tablets.

Sarah

Dazza123
29-05-15, 10:25
Hi Hanshan, yeah I tried mirt before, it was shocking, but it did make me sleep, good that it helps you but not something I could handle sadly.

Will try that tonight Sarah, its as if my alarm clock has gone off and I have a really busy day, so I wake up fully alert as if I have to get up and do something, its nice being so bright and breezy, but a pain as I said because I get pretty tired during the day then.

hanshan
30-05-15, 08:01
Hi Dazza,

Sorry to hear that you had problems with mirtazapine. I hope you able to get some sleep. I take all my pregabalin dose in the evening - it might be worthwhile trying that.

Dazza123
30-05-15, 08:58
Hi Hanshan, I took the advice and took my pregabalin earlier, around 8pm, and I slept for 8 hours last night, so much better thankfully :)

SarahH
30-05-15, 09:51
Great news dazza:D