PDA

View Full Version : Reassurance about my symptoms

lainey
07-09-04, 17:36
Hi there

Ijust want reassurance that the tingling in my head that I have had constantly all day today is a symptom of anxiety. The last couple of weeks have been not too pleasant just as I thought I was getting better. My husband has been having chemotherapy for the last 6 months for non hodgkins lymphoma and yesterday was given the all clear,but since we came back from hosp I seem to be feeling worse instead of better, which makes me feel awful as deep down I really am thrilled about the news.
My physical symptoms started after he was diagnosed but looking back I know that they were there before and all this exacerbated it all.

I have been searching for past posts about this to no avail, which makes me feel worse. I have been to work today and really struggled to concentrate on anything and then just burst out crying.

Please could someone reassure me.
Thank you in anticipation.

Elaine xxx

seh1980
07-09-04, 17:48
hi there Lainey,

[Wow!] that's great news about your husband!!! You must be over the moon...
I have had that tingling in the head that you describe - mainly after times of stress. it has always gone away vby itself eventually...
Try not to worry too much - you have obviously just been going through a stressful period!! Take care.

Sarah :D

Meg
07-09-04, 17:50
Hey Elaine,

Thats such fabulous news about your husband ..

These symptoms of yours are the result of ' letting go' of a huge amount of tension that you've been carrying around and holding within yourself during these last weeks and months.

Relax as much as you can physically and the skull and scalp will follow suit .

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

lainey
08-09-04, 07:37
Hi Sarah and Meg,

Thanks so much for your reassurance, after reading your posts yesterday it made me feel better almost immediately, tingling is still there but not as severe. Today I am having a me day, visiting my counsellor his morning and an afternoon at the hairdressers covering up my grey roots, lol! Thank you again.

Elaine x

twister
08-09-04, 14:36
Hi Elaine

Excellent news on your hubbie!!!!! As Meg says all the anxiety you felt before but had to stay strong with is probably just coming out. I had my second major panic stage after going through a traumatic time, but it was only when it all stopped and I thought I could relax that I started to panic. I think it is because you have nowhere to direct the anxiety to anymore.

Once again, congratulations and well done on taking time out for yourself.

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

nomorepanic
08-09-04, 17:32
Lainey

Great to see you in chat last night!

I am so pleased about hubby - bet you are both relieved.

The tingling is quite normal as the others said.

How was the day out today then?

Nicola

lainey
08-09-04, 18:35
Hi again,

Thanks Nicola and Emily for your reassurance, good day ou t today, last seesion with the counsellor in 2 weeks and then had my hair done which turned out 10 shades too dark and had to be done again whilst I was having a pedicure lol! I was quite chilled but my hairdresser was devastated- but i decided theres more to life than green hair ! Had some tingling today and a couple of headrushes but try to ignore them.

Thanks all again

I'm here if anyone needs me.

Elaine xxx

Meg
09-09-04, 17:17
Hi Elaine,

**my hairdresser was devastated- but i decided theres more to life than green hair**

Good for you Elaine. Great reaction and attitude .
I guess whilst hanging round the chemo suite you saw enough people without any hair to appreciate yours whatever the colour !!

Meg

lainey
09-09-04, 22:41
Hi Meg

That's true I never thought of it like that really, as my husband never had any hair to begin with although I dont like the fact that hes lost his hairy chest, but it will soon grow back. Thank you so much for your support Meg, you are so good and caring with everyone , you deserve a medal !

take care

Elaine x