PDA

View Full Version : Mini pill confusion

missykat
29-05-15, 12:54
hey everyone. I was on the combined pill for two years , but due to my migraines and elevated blood pressure I was put on the mini pill cerazette. Finished my last pack of the combined pills last Sunday and was due my period Thursday morning (always on time) however the doctor told me that on the Thursday to take the mini pill the first pack. Wondering if this has interfered in my bleed ? Could it of somehow stopped my period from coming ? Just a title bit concerned regards to pregnancy

Beckie4567
29-05-15, 14:14
Did u start the new pack or not after ?

missykat
29-05-15, 14:22
I started the new pack (mini pill ) Thursday morning when my withdrawal bleed was expected but so far nothing at all.

Beckie4567
29-05-15, 14:53
I'm currently going thro this :( missing a period im Hoping I come on next month just give ya doc a ring and ask for advice they will ask docter a question and u can ring up and get the answer x

missykat
29-05-15, 15:57
I'm seeing the nurse Tuesday to get my blood pressure checked again so I'll mention it to her then see what she thinks. This new pill is making me extremely tired feel like going to sleep every five minutes lol ��

---------- Post added at 15:57 ---------- Previous post was at 15:54 ----------

What pill are you on? Mini or combination? When I was on the combination pill I would always bleed on the pill free week . If u haven't bled on your pill free week maybe you should test. Just to be sure

GingerFish
03-06-15, 12:00
I was on microgynon and then switched to cerazette due to migraines about 3 years ago and I noticed my bleeding was wonky when I first switched. I didn't have a withdrawl bleed from the combined pill and then went about 6 months without any kind of bleed from cerazette. The doctor told me that either no bleeding or bleeding every week or month on cerazette is normal, we all act differently. Just as long as it wasn't constant heavy bleeding, it was fine.