PDA

View Full Version : deja vu confusion

julietp
29-05-15, 14:46
This may sound wierd but I have panic attacks that begin by thinking iv thought this before. Then flashes of memories/thoughts that I can't quite remember. This happens over and over again. I feel confused and blurry as this continues. Like I cant quite remember when iv thought it before. My mind desperately tries to remember and make sense of what I'm thinking. It's terrifying.

Davit
29-05-15, 18:05
First off, what you can remember, is it pleasant or scary. I'd say if you can't remember it is likely it was something pleasant. If it was it will have a positive code to open it. The minute you panic your thinking goes negative and negative thought can not use the code to open it. Try what is called going in the back door. Sit calm, think something pleasant, get your mind calmed and positive and try again. If it is pleasant you will see it.

Second scenario. It is very negative and PTSD is blocking access.

julietp
29-05-15, 22:30
The thoughts or memories are not significant. Just like clips from a movie or dream, they last a second. I try to think where I remember it from but can't. This happens over nd over again in consecutive flashes. Then I panic because I can't stop it happening
:wacko:

Davit
29-05-15, 23:30
Give them a made up pretend ending so they can go away. Some times Episodic memory will say "thats not it" and give you the real one.

Gary A
30-05-15, 00:51
How long do these déjà vu episodes last? Like 2 minutes or so? I would consider speaking to your doctor about it. I'm not wanting to alarm you, but this sounds to me like partial siezures followed by post ictal panic. Deja vu episodes that are of no significance to the situation can be caused by panic attacks, but it's worth ruling out partial siezures. Even if it is partial siezures, it's very easily treated and is actually surprisingly common. Lots of people have partial siezures and they're so subtle that they don't even notice.

As I said it's not anything alarming, the word "siezure" sounds scary but in reality they can be tiny episodes rather than the twisting and contorting usually associated with siezure activity. So yeah, mention this to your doctor if you haven't already and see what they say about it, you may find your problem eradicated rather easily.

julietp
30-05-15, 05:07
Thank you both. I have suffered these episodes for over 10 years and they only happen during times when I suffer anxiety. I have a severely disabled child whom has seizures. I also have Menieres disease. I think I put it down to complete exhaustion. I would just like to be able to control them.