PDA

View Full Version : Burning feet help!!!

Emmapony
29-05-15, 18:51
I'm really stuggling with my anxiety at the moment. I looked down at my feet and I was convinced they are swollen. I asked my family and they all say they're fine/nothing wrong with you. But in my mind they're swollen and now they're burning. I don't know if the burning is a symptom of anxiety but in really worried it's a clot.
Please can someone reassure me :(

Sam123
29-05-15, 18:56
Hi Emma,

I had this not too long ago probably a few months back. It really worried me as well and i thought they were swelling too, mine were worse at night and in bed.

Nothing i did made it better it lasted about 4-5 days and then went, i've just put it down to one of them things, maybe footwear, bad circulation from sitting too long or from walking too much. I did as many stretches as i could and kept my feet elevated so rested up.

If it were a clot it would be one leg, not both. The symptoms would be in the leg/calf muscle and there would be pain in them. I'm sure this will pass, try to distract yourself and rest on the thought that it's something very simple causing this.

lyndau63
29-05-15, 19:42
Mine are often like this in the evening and they itch too. I sometimes think I could fry an egg on them! :D

Emmapony
29-05-15, 22:54
Thank you guys! Did some exercise and distracted myself and the feeling went away. Getting my usual symptoms now which I'm used too. I'm hopefully going to get support in the coming weeks as things are spiralling out of control! Thanks for your reassurance!

worrywart29
30-05-15, 06:42
I once was convinced my feet was swollen, I asked everyone I could if they looked swollen and everyone told me no. It's funny how anxiety can alter our perception. I'm glad you're doing better

swajj
31-05-15, 04:08
I saw my doctor about the same thing a couple of years ago. It was at a time when I was worried that I had heart disease. He looked at my feet and legs and said that they weren't swollen. He said if I had Edema then when he pressed on the skin of my leg or feet it would be pitted. When I turned up at the hospital Emergency department with fast palpitations the doctor there said exactly the same thing before he even ran any tests.