PDA

View Full Version : Excerise

Alan27
29-05-15, 19:21
I am keen on exercise and would run for around 30-40 mins after each workout. But now i run for only a few minutes and i get an anxiety attack =( Feels like my heart is going to burst out of my chest it thumps that hard. Does this happen to anyone else? What did/do you do when it happens?

colinmckee2
29-05-15, 21:03
I can relate to this bud, I find myself having to run out of the gym after 2 bench presses etc. so i've taken some time off. Clearly you aren't ready to start running again, I'd suggest getting some help with your anxiety, CBT or medication to lower your anxiety because trust me whenever you aren't anxious these thoughts don't even cross your mind as i've learnt from past experiences. there's me giving advice and i can't even exercise myself lol

Alan27
30-05-15, 10:18
Was getting it to when using the chest bar etc, managed to force myself through that bit though lol. Guess ill just need to keep trying on the treadmill, longer i leave it worse it gets etc etc, thanks for your reply.:yesyes:

AlexandriaUK
30-05-15, 12:36
I agree, you need to just slow down and try to relax and then when you are chilled again you can up the tempo, watch your pulse and it will go down as you cool down, its caused by exercise and some of us get exercise anxiety.
Well done you for doing the exercise any way.

Davit
30-05-15, 17:36
Well I disagree. I used to run and I used to ride my bike when I didn't have arthritis.

Your heart is supposed to pound and your pulse go up. That is the object of cardio. It comes back down.
Taking a break is going to make it worse and you will never get better that way. So slow down if it is real high but keep going, you need to get it in your head it is okay and surviving is the only way you will. Avoidance is a trap.