PDA

View Full Version : Trying to cook causes great anxiety

Skinsie
29-05-15, 21:13
Hi, I've had health anxiety for a while and tend to get irrational things that make me extremely nervous. One of those is cooking and especially meats. I've been in 2 relationships with the other half doing the meals. However now I'm single, I'm trying to cook for myself and really struggling mentally. I tried cooking meatballs and noodles tonight but got stressed that the tray wasn't designed to be in the oven and that the wooden spoon shouldn't go in the boiling water. I freak out I will harm myself by cooking wrong and affect my health so for that reason my confidence is rock bottom.

I do have a few other triggers of my health anxiety but this is the main one I need to battle with as I have to cook alone for the indefinite future. Any help or suggestions to make this easier for me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. PS I live alone so don't really have many options and I do like to eat well if I can hense 'trying' to cook.

Fishmanpa
29-05-15, 21:35
I've always enjoyed cooking and have done so since I was old enough to do so on my own. Being I like good food, it just became a natural extension of that.

It's never wise to consult Dr. Google but Chef Google is a genius! There are so many great cooking websites from amateur to gourmet. They'll suggest the proper cookware and utensils you'll need too. Check out YouTube for videos on cooking. There are tens of thousands+ and they're easy!

Start out with some easy things and work your way up. Cooking for yourself and eating healthy is a lot better than buying pre-packaged garbage and it actually can be very cost effective! I find it fun and the rewards are always worth the effort.

Positive thoughts