PDA

View Full Version : IBS or what

Lindalou64
27-01-07, 14:25
hi just wanted to know if anyone suffers from this? ive been so sick since christmas with my belly which of course is making my anxiety worse now depression is coming on cause no one understands yadda yadda.......ok what it is..swollen bellyup top pains in belly nauseas cant eat then when you are finally hungry scared to eat because of pain.......i had this last yr doc ruled it out as stress i wasnt stressed when i got this i mean we all have stress,so i seen the pratitioner nurse she ran and xray and blood work 2 weeks ago and nothing.......my doc ran tons of test last yr nothing she was really mean about it made me feel like **** i was so sick just got home like 2 weeks then with pnemonia saying ya doing it to yaself...oh ya im doing this to myself grant it i know stress can do so much but this is ridiculuos........ive been out of work since august could start this new job sunday i cant why did i say yes:( i really need the money but i cant help someone who is sick if i cant even help myself right now i could go on but i know this is long sorry any feed back pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee.................lindaxxx[8D]

manmoor
27-01-07, 14:48
Lindaaaaaaaaaaa,

I know you aint been good honey. I'm sending you big hugs and will chat to you later. xxxxxxxxxxx

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

yorkylover
27-01-07, 17:55
Hi Linda,sorry your feeling so bad.Iv had problems with my tummy since I was 18 Im 40 now.Had tests done, allsorts and they put it down to stress.Of course the more stressed we get the worse the problems gets.I hope you feel better soon.try and eat something light,like soup.
I always have a glass of bottled soda water for nausea.

Ellen XX

Southern_Belle
27-01-07, 18:24
Hi Lou,

Sorry you are still having so many problems with your tummy. I have been diagnosed with my IBS and oddly they did not say it was due to stress!!! Mine involves the lower stomach area though not the upper. Have they ever tested you for ulcers? I'm sure they have, just a thought. Do you always eat when you take your meds, does that trigger it? I'm just trying to think of ways other than stress that could be causing this. Food allergies perhaps. Keep a diary of everything you eat and do and when the pain hits. I know I'm grasping here but the docs don't seem to be helping and if it is anxiety the diary might pinpoint some behavior that you might could modify that could help. Hope to speak to you soon.

Love ya,

Laura

"Our thoughts are our reality"

mirry
31-01-07, 08:22
Hey, you sound just how i was 9 years ago. In the end after many tests I had to have a investigation under a general, it turned out I had a infection called "plyori" (think thats how its spelt) it gave me pains up the top of my tummy and my stomach was bloated like a pregnant woman, it hurt alot. a doctor can treat it without having to go thru what I went thru, I expect you can google it.

The good news is , it was treated with 2 different antibiotics and worked!

good luck

mirryx

tnt808
31-01-07, 19:08
Linda babes so sorry you are still hurting. Remember we HAVE to be an advocate for ourselves because let's face it the doctors just aren't right all of the time. They of course are human as well. Would it be possible to get an MRI of your tummy? Or have you already had one? Is it pain or more of an upset tummy like when you have the flu? Have you ever vomited (sorry TMI)?

Please let us know what goes on hun.

miss ya tonsxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Be The Change You Want To See In The World"...

Take Care of You,

Tina

Lindalou64
31-01-07, 19:24
hey tina beena :D
to be honest with ya hun think its all stress but having a hard time with alot of people doing my head in....but hey we learn from our mistakes right.......thanks for being REAL......Tina your a good friend..............love ya........Linda xxxxx[8D]

Louise
19-02-07, 14:45
Hi LindaLou, Yes, I have "IBS" too, or rather, I did but now I don't. IBS is a name given to a collection of symptoms, you can be diagnosed as having IBS even if you only have some of the symptoms so it's a catch-all name really and no-one knows what causes it. I had excrutiating bowel pains which were only relieved by going to the loo (sorry this does get a bit basic). To empty the bowel properly could take several trips over 2 or 3 hours meaning being late for work on many occasions and having to explain the reason why (not easy). I got checked by the docs (nothing sinister going on) and have seen a homeopath and acupuncturist and with their help AND a change in diet I have been symptom free for over 3 months. I gave up wheat and milk (although still eat chocolate!) and this works for me. If I feel a twinge of pain I take a special powder containing psyhillium husks, probiotics, slippery elm and other goodies in a drop of prune juice before going to bed and this usually sorts things out overnight. I also took Valerian as a tincture (this is the natural form of valium) which I was told calmed the entire system down. Now, apart from the non wheat and milk diet I usually don't even need the powders. Hope this info helps. All of the stuff I have taken is natural and available in health food shops, keep away from the chemical drugs if you can, you won't need them. Good luck!

redrobin
19-02-07, 19:26
Hi, I was diagnosed with IBS last year although I've had it for a hell of a lot longer than that. It is made worse for me when I eat bread and pasta or when I'm stressed. I've cut down my bread and pasta and take fibogel, not every day like I'm supposed to but when it's bad. It helps me. I'm told by my dr that if i actually had it every day I would not have any problems ho hum
kim xx