PDA

View Full Version : Is your anxiety worse at night?

AthenaFaeyrn
30-05-15, 04:03
Mine seems to be much worse during the night; I think I'm more liable to getting health anxiety fears, death fears, and anxiety or panic attacks at night. I also get lonely and feel generally just dreadful. The meds I'm on have been messing up my sleeping pattern a lot so lately I've been up all night and asleep all day (though I tended to be like that anyway, my sleeping is choppier and segmented now).

Now it's about 4am and I can see the sky is a lighter blue and I can't wait for the sun to come up.

Anyone else get this?

Matthewray
30-05-15, 04:40
I do and I know a ton of other anxiety sufferers do. I have trouble sleeping at night cause i'm so attentive on hearing noises (waiting to start hearing voices at any second) so as you can imagine I'm pretty scared and depressed. You are not alone my friend.

Dazza123
30-05-15, 09:11
Because I am on medication, I am not as bad as I used to be, but yes my anxiety would always be worse in the evening. I wondered if it was because my doctors surgery was then closed, and if I got into a state I couldn't go there and would end up in the hospital. It seemed in my mind that if I got myself into a state in the daytime I could get down to the doctors, but at night I couldn't. I think thats what my issue was.

Sam123
30-05-15, 14:30
Yes mine was always worse at night, in fact i always found it hard when i was at home in general as opposed to being at work, because i was alone with my thoughts and could concentrate on symptoms. Night time was always a problem

ricardo
30-05-15, 16:03
I have no trouble getting to sleep but wake up shaking vigoursely about two hours later every single night and rarely get back to sleep except nod off for the odd half an hour

I have had two years of this and ruins my day..

feelthelove
30-05-15, 19:17
both for me , but my anxiety got a lot worse the last two years with problems within the family financial problem too. My husband is self employed and took a second job for two years and that meant i was on my own from 6.30-11.30 at night and i didn't have anyone to speak to never went out and so it just got to a peak where i was thinking too much and pondering on symptoms.

When i became very ill back in Novemeber my husband left his second job to be with me more , its worked out okay and the business is doing well so that took a worry off me , and other things got sorted too , I'm not 100% better but i am better now . The nights are easier too because we go out for walks and spend time together .

But usually night and day can be worse for my anxiety .

GingerFish
03-06-15, 11:36
I go through periods were my anxiety is fine during the day and worse at night and then vice versa. At the mo, my anxiety seems to be worse at night.

SparkleDreams
05-06-15, 00:11
Over the last month my anxiety has been terrible in the evening, it starts about 5pm and carries on until I get into bed. Everything clenches making it hard to do anything. It'll even happen in the middle of doing the dishes. I've no idea what causes it to flare at that time. Now I'm probably of the mind that it will happen so it does.