PDA

View Full Version : confrontational strangers

scaredgirl86
30-05-15, 05:42
This is a huge fear of mine, when you go out and their are strangers who look to start fights and if you look at them you'll regret it. I live in New York and people are not nice, i'm trying to go out and be happy ignoring the negaitive people but these strangers are dangerous and this is not specific people but i see a lot of them everyday, i don't know how to deal with them it seems other people they don't bother with but i don't know what everyone's problem with me is that i can't look at people like everyone or i'm made to feel like crap, anyone have this happen to them and how to deal with it and not feel inferior

Acceptance
13-06-15, 22:14
Hi

I was wondering if you could give me an example of what specifically has made you feel like crap in the past.

I've never been to New York, but am always in London, where people are in a rush, stress levels are high and so they sometimes take it out on others. I've found when I'm driving and am feeling relaxed I'm more mindful about being considerate and courteous to other drivers.

I know in London if you smile at people, some may think that you're either up to something or you're not all the ticket. :wacko: When I'm shopping I'm in my own world, on a few occasions I have been thinking of something funny that's happened during the day and I'll have a smile on my face, I've look in someone's direction and they give me a smile back, although it wasn't directed at them, it feels good to have a complete stranger give you a smile back.

When a stranger is nasty to you, it does make you think, they don't even know me and we take it personally, but this is precisely what could help you deal with these situations "they don't even know you" it's their problem not yours.

You sound like a sensitive soul, it takes one to know one, I once went to Paris when I was an art student and I was walking down the street and a boy Imitated a head butt about an inch from my face, it absolutely shocked me, I thought why would he do that, it was such an aggressive thing to do. Unfortunately these things do happen and we are all trying to find our way in life. We all want to be treated with respect and I think that people who don't think about how their actions affect others are probably struggling with life more than us.

:bighug1: