PDA

View Full Version : All the symptoms I have had from anxiety

Sophie1
30-05-15, 09:15
My anxiety started 6 years ago with the typical breathlessness, dizziness, nausea and eye floaters, which went on for months 24/7 and of course I was convinced I was dieing from heart disease, lung cancer or even a heart attack, so I went to the doctor and they told me I was perfectly ok and that I had anxiety.

Then I had constant headaches, feeling like a band was around my head and pressure, so what do I think I have - a brain tumour! However after a month of suffering with this, it also went, which concluded the fact that I did not have a brain tumour.

Then I had a freckle in my eye, so of course I had eye cancer! Went to the opticians and was told it was normal and now it is gone!

After this I had constant nausea, stomach pain and vomiting, which I thought was stomach cancer. I even had this 24/7 for a few months and this went away.

Then I had a painless mouth ulcer for two months and was convinced it was mouth cancer, but the ulcer went down, so I was wrong yet again, even though it lasted for so long.

Now I have a newer symptom - the good old lump in the throat. It even affects my eating and drinking, so of course I was convinced I had MS, throat cancer or ALS. I went to the doctors twice and was told it was anxiety and that anxiety has caused throat spasms, which has made swallowing more difficult. The second doctor thought I was ridiculous for thinking I have throat cancer as I am only 17 and don't smoke or drink and she told me instantly that I do not have it. Then I told her about my ALS fears, which again is a extremely rare illness - it's rare in older people, let alone teenagers. Also it has never affected my family and I still Hve full movement of my tounge and my speech is exactly the same, so this cannot be true either.

Also food getting stuck in the throat is not AlS or throat cancer! They both make it physically impossible to eat and drink and everyone else would notice as well! Also you would get other symptoms way before the difficulty swallowing, such as persistent slurred speech and your tounge wouldn't not be able to move properly and your tounge would shrink, so you would not be able to move your tounge to touch the outside of your mouth. Anyone on this forum thinking they have either illnesses are incorrect because if you had them, you would not think that ALS or throat cancer could be the cause - you would think a stroak.

Also ALS is again extreme rare - 2/100000 chance. Bulbar onset is even more rare and swallowing is rarely the first symptom. Even when swallowing is the first symtom, it is combined with loss of tounge movement and slurred speech. If you can still move your tounge - you do not have bulbar onset! If you do not have slurred speech - you do not have it! Even if you had all three, it is most likely still not bulbar.

I thought I would do this for reassurance, that any symptom can be caused by anxiety, no matter how severe and how long it goes on for. Of course you should get every symptom checked out by a doctor, but it is highly unlikely to be caused by anything serious.

---------- Post added at 09:15 ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 ----------

Just going to make the correction of stroke* not stroak oops