PDA

View Full Version : can't remember if I took my dose of propanolol...worried about overdosing/underdosing

eastofeden
30-05-15, 14:06
Hi I usually take 80mg slow release propanolol about 7am in the morning but today I can't remember if I already took it! :/

Last dose I definitely took was yesterday at 7am, I usually have a pillbox but today I only had the carton of medicine and there are a few empty blisters in the pack so I don't know how many were in it before. But today I woke up at 7am then fell back asleep and I can't remember if I took it or not. I don't remember taking it which would be pretty weird if I forgot but I was so tired I'm not sure but I don't want to take another pill becauseif I do that will be 160mg of propanolol within a few hours :/

I used to take instant release propanolol so I would usually be able to feel how slow/fast my heartrate is and judge from that whether I took my dose. But these slow release versions make no difference to my heartrate so I can't tell if it's in my system.

Now I really don't know if I should take it in case it's dangerous not to or if I shouldn't because it could be too much. What should I do? They always say don't discontinue beta blockers suddenly but what if I take too much? Isn't that dangerous too?

Dazza123
30-05-15, 15:48
If you have missed it today then just take it tomorrow, it will cause no harm. Also, I used to take 80mg twice a day, so if you did take it I cant see any harm, but better to wait until tomorrow now and carry on as normal.

eastofeden
31-05-15, 09:48
Thank you. I called two different pharmacies and they both advised to wait. Said it's better to underdose than overdose. Thanks again :)