PDA

View Full Version : Scared I have stomach cancer

ReissG
30-05-15, 15:19
Hi Guys!

For the past couple months (maybe longer) I've had really unusual stool passes. I'm about to get tmi so for anyone that doesn't really wanna read about my stools best look away now lol.

Sometimes they would be normal, other times would be complete Diarrhoea and other times it would be slightly normal but there would be like mucus stuff coming out.

The past couple days my stools have been normal but I'm having issues with my stomach that causing alot of gas. Also the other day I read that burping can be a symptom of stomach cancer so since yesterday I've been doing these tiny little burps quite often and my chest feels kind of tight.

I'm also getting the urge to go to the toilet as soon as i eat my food, but nothing will come out.

it's probably all anxiety but any reassurance would be good. I really don't want to see my Dr as i have alot planned next week and don't want to reschedule anything. I'm putting the changing bowel habits down to my eating, some days I won't eat at all, other days I'll eat a little and other days I'll eat loads, so I'm guessing my stomach is just kinda messed up because my eating pattern changes all the time.

i'm only 22 so I know my chance of having this cancer is small-zero, but you know how anxiety works....sigh!

Thanks all

Gary A
30-05-15, 15:25
It's most probably IBS, at the age of 22 there's practically zero chance of it being stomach cancer. However, you should see your doctor if you're concerned, it's only sensible to do so.

Dazza123
30-05-15, 15:47
As Gary says its probably IBS, I have a multitude of stomach issues, including IBS and the mucus is a sure sign, so is the gas and upset stomach.

Speak to the doctor, but I'm sure everything will be ok :)

Cags48
06-06-15, 16:33
Get some Benefiber it's absolutley fantastic stuff I've had allsorts of problems with my tum and bowels had tests galore and someone said get some Benefiber I was having flat BMs aswell since taking the Benefiber ive had less than a handful of incidents in almost 8mths it's great stuff .
http://www.boots.com/en/Benefiber-Food-Supplement-Powder-155g_46640/