PDA

View Full Version : Call social services or not? And how long is normal for illness?

Uncertain27
30-05-15, 16:47
I often hear the neighbours arguing, mostly between eachother but sometimes the mum shouts at the children. Was leaving it because my mum says it's None Of Our Business, but since yesterday afternoon I've also been hearing what I think is the children being sick then crying. Would you call SS? If I did and it turned out they just had a stomach bug I would look totally paranoid and they could end up on the risk register for nothing!

Dazza123
30-05-15, 17:31
Reporting someone to SS is a very serious thing.

Being shouted at, and crying when ill isn't really a reason to report a parent to SS. They are there to deal with child abuse.

I'm sorry that this will sound rude, but I think its a ridiculous idea to be honest, unless there are clear signs of abuse.

MRS STRESS ED
30-05-15, 17:40
To be honest I agree with Dazza123 that is not a reason to phone SS unless you can clearly hear abuse or have evidence you don't have anything to go on ,people unfortunately argue ,with or without children there and yes its not nice but it happens ,just keep a close eye on it don't do anything you might regret ,and don't get me wrong I am by no means saying its okay to be rowing where kids are ,but maybe if it continues confront them if you feel its safe to otherwise you could always report it to your local council about the noise

Uncertain27
30-05-15, 17:40
Okay, I should just ignore it then? I haven't noticed any obvious abuse unless you include the shouting which is nearly every day. It bothers me when I hear it though, I hope I'm not developing emetophobia! :blush:

MRS STRESS ED
30-05-15, 17:42
Okay, I should just ignore it then? I haven't noticed any obvious abuse unless you include the shouting which is nearly every day. It bothers me when I hear it though, I hope I'm not developing emetophobia! :blush:

its natural for most people to be concerned and you should just monitor it

Uncertain27
30-05-15, 17:44
To be honest I agree with Dazza123 that is not a reason to phone SS unless you can clearly hear abuse or have evidence you don't have anything to go on ,people unfortunately argue ,with or without children there and yes its not nice but it happens ,just keep a close eye on it don't do anything you might regret ,and don't get me wrong I am by no means saying its okay to be rowing where kids are ,but maybe if it continues confront them if you feel its safe to otherwise you could always report it to your local council about the noise

I'm not bothered about the noise itself, it's mostly in the day. And the vomiting type noises are recent but the arguing has been at least once a week for about the last two years so I think it's already continued!!

MRS STRESS ED
30-05-15, 17:51
yeah but you really shouldn't have to put up with shouting all the the time day or night its not acceptable behaviour ,and as I have said just keep a close eye on it ,it could be they have problems and god knows we all have them

Uncertain27
30-05-15, 17:59
Sorry to be rude, but I'm already keeping a close eye on it, that won't make a difference. And you think the council wouldn't just tell SS? :unsure:

Sam123
30-05-15, 18:34
I feel sorry for you it;s not a nice situation i've been there myself, in my case i did call the police on a few occasions during their arguments when the child was screaming, in the end social services did get involved but not from my calling.

It's not nice to hear kids being shouted at or in a house where this stuff is happening, it's sad that this isn't classed as abuse because it is abuse, adults argue yes that's one thing but what i was hearing was horrendous screaming at each other swearing and throwing things, banging all night it sounded very hostile. No child should be in that environment.

You just go by your gut instincts, i don't think any of us can say what to do as we'd have to know the situation ourselves. Just keep an eye and an ear out, but i understand it's hard :hugs:

Uncertain27
01-06-15, 00:22
Sam123, I've heard some swearing and something like kitchen cupboards being slammed, but not much like what you're describing. And there's a thread on the technical section where someone wants to delete his account because people are on here 'just pretending they have power in the world'. If any of you mean me, sorry. :blush: I don't do it intentionally or to troll, but I probably should see a therapist!!

MyNameIsTerry
01-06-15, 00:34
Sam123, I've heard some swearing and something like kitchen cupboards being slammed, but not much like what you're describing. And there's a thread on the technical section where someone wants to delete his account because people are on here 'just pretending they have power in the world'. If any of you mean me, sorry. :blush: I don't do it intentionally or to troll, but I probably should see a therapist!!

That threads not connected to you or what you have said so don't worry about that.