PDA

View Full Version : constant acid reflux for 2 days!!

char123
30-05-15, 19:44
Hi,

I had this horrible acidy burning thing in the bottom of my throat yesterday, I think it's acid reflux but I don't have heartburn. I started panicking but then thought it was because of the chocolate I'd eaten before. But this morning I had it and it's been on and off all day today! this could be to much information sorry but it's like when I try to burp, I can't and instead I start to bring up this acidy thing again. I'm so freaked out!!

I've had it for a while to be honest- I think this is the longest I've had it on and off- and I've always dismissed it. Obviously I've googled and googled trying to find answers and it comes up with cancer?! I've noticed that I have small painless red dots on my tongue as well and I found out that this could be because of acid reflux . I 've had these dots for ages I think, is it normal? Why do I have acid reflux? Could it be linked to anxiety? I've noticed that because I'm thinking about it all the time, it hasn't gone.

I don't smoke, drink or anything like that. I'm a 16 year old girl and I probs could be more healthy though. I've told my mum but I think she's tired of my 'problems' now and sort of dismisses it. She did say that it could be an allergy but I dunno. I want to see a doctor but I'm nervous that it really serious. It's making me anxious but I think going to the doctors will make it worse. What can I do? Am I just over exaggerating.

Sorry for all the questions but I really need advice. Like I've said I've had this for a while but it seems to be at it's worst this past few days. Please be nice I freak out easily as you can see.

Dazza123
30-05-15, 20:01
Going to a doctor won't make it worse, they will give you advice and check you over to ensure there are no serious problems.

Stress definitely does make acid issues worse.

You doctor can give you short term medication to resolve the issue, so get to the doctors :)

Emilym80
31-05-15, 00:24
Hi there,

It's worth going to a doctor for this, not because it's especially dangerous but because it's better to treat it if need be.

I have reflux and it is constant, that's sort of how it works unfortunately- but if yours has been brought on by stress it may ease once that comes down.

All the best

char123
31-05-15, 10:06
Thanks for replying,
I'm going to the hospital soon so I'll ask about it then and see if I need another appointment. It does seem like acid reflux has gone this morning though. Probably because I stressing less about it. The red dots on the tip of my tongue are still there but I'm wondering if they are just my tastebuds? They are small and painless and I've noticed them for ages to be honest. I did look at my mum's tongue and she didn't have them that I could see but i guess everyone is different. I will ask at the hospital though but I always feel stupid asking them. I feel like it makes me seem anxious and annoying because I feel like i need to tell them everything that I think is wrong with me. Does anyone else feel like this?

Dazza123
31-05-15, 10:51
I feel like that at times, but it gets it off your chest, and gives you some reassurance that all is ok, so pour your heart out to them if it helps you, because you are what matters :)