PDA

View Full Version : stomach anxiety :~(

kitkats
31-05-15, 04:45
okay, so this morning i had a really weird thing happen to me where i went to the bathroom twice in the morning. huge amounts, all clear. then i drank some water and i had to go again instantly. huge amount, all clear.

i go to work, drink something from starbucks, and i do the same thing like 10 minutes later.

i got home and had half a drink of water, i instantly pee it all out.

so THAT scared me because the first thing i saw when i looked up symptoms (like an idiot) was that i'm overhydrated and am going to have a seizure and die. i have been drinking a lot of water lately and not eating much because anxiety has shot my appetite, but i don't think i'm at risk for this logically? but if anyone has any insight that'd be aces.

part two of this mess is during my anxiety about overhydration was i actually looked at my stomach and noticed a visible pulse. like i can see my tummy jump around a little. i can feel the pulse too. normally i either can't or i just haven't noticed, i guess. google it (again, like an idiot) and now am convinced i have an aneurysm in there. reminder that i'm a healthy, 18 year old female :/

today i have had had a lot of rumbling noises in my stomach though, and a little pain. nothing bad, but i think i can attribute it to how weird my diet has been (not eating much, drinking a lot of water, then eating in weird bursts, etc.)

i'm also having little muscle spasms from the waist down. i think it's just stress but i'm wondering if i'm ever gonna be comfortable again.

currently drinking ginger-ale and trying to relax. ahfhsufhfadk.

MyNameIsTerry
31-05-15, 05:55
The stress is highly likely. I've had bouts of this with my anxiety over the years.

The fight or flight response does include rapid flushing.

I would avoid the caffeine for a while as you could be overly sensitive to that at times of greater anxiety but this will change as you start to recover and you will tolerate it again.

The runs is so common with all this. I had some mild IBS last year and found peppermint tea worked far better than even Gaviscon or Rene's at that point but before, Gaviscon had been helpful the majority of the time.