PDA

View Full Version : scared

amber1973
31-05-15, 09:38
Hi all
I have suffered anxiety and panic attacks for years, I suppose the usual, fear, dizzyness, palpitations. It got worse when I had my son 3 years ago, I had some horrible thoughts about hurting him which frightened me as I never would, I spoke to my Dr but he didn't think it was a problem, I'm on citalapram 20g, I try not to up the dose as I want to feel normal, whatever that is, I drink to much as a way of forgetting and trying to relax, my mind is always active I can't sleep. I just need someone to talk to who understands, I put on a brave face at home and my husband doesn't realise how bad I feel.

Thanks for reading

venusbluejeans
31-05-15, 09:45
Hiya amber1973 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Davit
31-05-15, 17:38
amber

Are you doing any CBT to restructure your thinking and reduce the panic, it works very well with medication. And it does work.

lyndau63
31-05-15, 19:07
Just saying 'hello'. I have HA rather than general anxiety and have been on Citalopram 20mg for about 8 years. have recently gone up to 30mg, which I hope is only temporary, but have no side effects. I do feel a failure for taking it sometimes but then tell myself that it is only replacing serotonin that is missing from my body. The normal maintenance dose is up to 40mg I believe. I am not encouraging you to take more meds but just saying, if you do have to up it for a bit, I don't feel any different apart from calmer.