PDA

View Full Version : Fatigue - Very anxious

Sizzle
31-05-15, 12:51
Hello all,
I am new here, and have therefore never posted in this forum before. I was wondering if anyone out there can help me at all?! I am very panicky about some symptoms/health issues I have been having. I can only describe it as one awful nightmare.

I have been very fatigued for some time, with body aches, lightheadness, funny tingling in arms at times (kind of like prickling and feeling cold), lack of appetite (which comes back when I am not so anxious). I have a long standing issue with my sinuses too, or namely rhinitis. I am currently having some visual issues because of my sinuses. I have been tested for allergies (mold, grass etc), came back negative.

Two months ago I had an iron (ferritin) blood test which can came back as 33 (apparently low, but not anemic), I then took iron tablets for about 7 weeks and was retested, and it is now at 131. Which is quite a leap I suppose. Doctor didn't seem concerned about that. At first I thought a lot of my symptoms where due to low iron, but now the iron is normal/good and I still have the symptoms.

Before I started takingthe iron I had awful muscle pains and headaches, but they seem to have eased now, but I still have the awful weakness and weird feeling in my arms, hands, legs. Kind of like floppy? (Does that makes sense) - or like I lack coordination. I can still walk around, but I find it very tiring to even go down the road to the shops lately.

I plan to phone my doctor again to get some more testing (thyroid etc).
But I am now very worried that this is something more serious, like MS, or something like chronic fatigue syndrome. I am sleepless, and cannot eat again. Wondering if anyone out there can offer me any support/reassurance. Sorry if this is all a jumble. I hope someone can help/reassure me. Thank you. x

Frankie123
31-05-15, 13:59
Hello and nice to meet you. Am wondering whether your doctor has run bloods tests like full blood count etc. Also are you by any chance taking a statin drug because when I did I got all the symptoms you have mentioned.

I don't know how old you are but have you been tested for thyroid problems.

I think you are doing the right thing by going back to your doctors and keep on going until you get an answer.

Sizzle
31-05-15, 14:49
Hi Frankie,
Nice to meet you too. Thank you for replying.
I have had a full blood count, all normal. I am 39 yrs of age. Not on any statins or medication. Apart from nasonex (which doesn't seem to be working). I will ask about getting my thyroid checked, as I don't believe it has been done.

Sizzle
02-06-15, 14:59
Having a bad day today... Feel achy and terrible. I am pretty much housebound with this thing. My sinuses don't feel right and I feel wobbly and very very anxious again.

I have a doctors appointment on Friday. It seems a long way away.

I am very worried that this "thing" isn't going to go away, or improve...

Just needed to vent.

Biscuitmuncher
02-06-15, 16:15
HI, have you had your vitamin D level tested?

Mine was 18, which is very deficient, I had to ask the Dr to test for it though, as it is not done routinely.

I have some similar symptoms, I have fibromyalgia but some symptoms don't fit and I have just had an MRI to check for MS. Just waiting for results, but I expect it will be normal.

Anyway, I have been terribly fatigued for a few years now, got so bad I had to give up work! I worked full time, reduced to 4 days per week, I asked to reduce further but they said no. I am in the fortunate position that we can manage on just my husband's wage so I was able to give up. I just do the housework now but that takes its toll on me:weep:

Sizzle
02-06-15, 19:20
Hi biscuit,
I'm not sure if my vit d levels were checked. Will ask the dr on Friday.
Sorry to hear you have been having such issues with your fibro. Do you have periods where you feel better, and can go out at all?
I'm worried I have me, or fibro... or ms. I hope your mri results come back normal.

---------- Post added at 18:20 ---------- Previous post was at 18:18 ----------

Also, one of my cousins has ME. Wondering if that increases my chances of having it?

Sizzle
03-06-15, 16:42
(I am using this thread to keep a log of where I'm at).

Still having broken sleep, and my appetite has been terrible so far today. Only ate some crackers (about 4) and vegetable smoothie (celery, carrots, ginger, spinach and apple juice). I am worried about how my appetite has been so rubbish for a few weeks now. And my sleep is bothering me too.

I feel awfully achy today in my shoulders and my arms and hands, and my neck feels stiff, massage on the shoulders and neck seems to help a bit, but it creeps back. I've heard that poor sleep can create bad muscle tension. I've also heard that long periods of inactivity can also cause this (prior to this I did not get much exercise and sat at my desk alot). I would exercise if I didn't feel so awful/lightheaded.

Can anyone relate?

I have a telephone appointment booked with a counsellor for June 17th. Hoping for light at the end of this dark tunnel, I appear to have found myself in. :-(

I cannot work out if it's the muscle aches that are making me feel so awful or if it is indeed something more sinister going on with my body.

damianjmcgrath
03-06-15, 17:23
I get muscle aches and general weakness too, although I don't get the sleeplessness or lack of appetite. I do feel tired all the time, could easily asleep at any time. I'm worried myself that the chest, shoulder and back aches are heart or angina related, and that's caused me anxiety. But looking at it logically, it's probably either bad posture, bad sleeping position or my lack of activity over the last few years.

It's worrying for me because of where the pains are, makes me assume heart, especially because it's a dull ache. I'm investigating into digestive issues such as acid reflux, GERD, gluten intolerance etc or will see a chiropractor to see what he says.

If you get any theories from your doctor, please let me know. I don't believe I'm as unfit as these pains make me feel!

Sizzle
05-06-15, 16:47
Sounds like you have similar things going on, as with me. My dr seems to think it anxiety related. I am confused because I dont really know how it all started. :(
He has put me on Sertraline, I am scared of starting it...
Didnt think vit d levels were relevant either. Maybe I have to push for further tests.
Feel knackered, lost and hopeless at the moment.

Shelly15
15-06-15, 10:32
I am feeling the same at the moment for the past week I'm feeling so tired I can't even open my eyes in the morning I feel like I could sleep all day but I can't because I have a 4 year old even the 10min walk to take him to nursery I'm tired out, my muscles in the right side of my back and neck are in agony my dr just thinks I've got inflamed muscles, my sinus and my ear and throat hurt. My dr just says it's my anxiety but I always got fobbed off with that.

rsanchez
15-06-15, 18:01
Hi, I'm dealing with fatigue too. I have it really bad today, so bad I'm thinking about leaving work early and just saying I don't feel well. I'm scared my body will shut down because of this. :(

Davit
15-06-15, 20:59
I've been very busy this spring so have not eaten proper. Anemia sneaks up on me because I expect to be tired every day. So I will take some iron and see if I'm better in a few days. I can not afford to be this tired.
Bananas (potassium) didn't help.

LE
16-06-15, 22:14
Hi

Sorry you are going through this. Have you had your b12 tested and folate?

These are not routinely carried out so you need to ask for them. Low B12 and folate are common in people who have low ferritin. All of the symtoms you describe can be a result of low b12. I have this and when I'm not supplementing my b12 I have terrible fatigue and a lot of the symptoms you describe.x