PDA

View Full Version : Indigestion, ruq pain, back pain, diarrhea, tingling extremeties

binkman
31-05-15, 14:12
Hi guys,

I just wanted to share my story here. I'm having a bad weekend and could use some interaction. I just happen to be home along this weekend.

On Friday morning I woke up with a pain in my RUQ, just beneath my rib cage. It wasn't 'sharp' but pretty localized. I also had a bit of diarrhea and indigestion. I started to google the symptoms and really scared myself, so I went to see my doctor promptly. She took blood samples and referred me for a sonogram. She suspected possibly that gallstones were involved, but I lacked other symptoms of gallstones.

Unfortunately, my sonogram isnt until Tuesday and the blood test results wont come back until Monday at the earliest and I'm rather frightened. In the past few months I have some spells of shortness of breath and loss of appetite and fatigue. I've lost a lot of weight over the last two years (on purpose), and thought maybe I just hadn't upped my diet enough since I lost the weight, but I've been having trouble eating more. I have put on about 15 pounds since I stopped exercising in November, and I had been sick with sinus infections over the winter.

Since Friday, though the pain under the ribs has mostly disappeared, I have had some pressure and fullness in my lower right abdomen, along with right hip pain and a tingling sensation in both feet, mostly my right foot. I should also mention lots of muscle tightness in the my shoulders and a fast pulse, which might just be because I'm freaking out. And there is NO ONE around to talk to either to get my mind off of it or otherwise.

So of course googling all of these symptoms suggests the possibility of many kinds of cancers. I'm currently imagining a tumor that has started impinging on a bile duct and putting pressure on a nerve to my lower body, causing the tingling.

I should also mention I'm a 31 yo male, so its pretty unlikely that I have any serious problems. Maybe I just had a minor stomach bug and a pinched nerve in my back affecting my hip and foot, I do have a history of sciatica, and it flared up recently, but this is different.

Anyway, I just wanted to get this off my chest.