PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had hypnotherapy?

Under~The~Stars
27-01-07, 19:43
Hi guys,

I was just looking for some info and some advice about hypnotherapy.

Has anyone ever had it? Was it useful? What is involved?

I'm thinking about giving it a try, however I'm a bit scared as I'm just not sure exactly what to expect.

I have heard a couple of people's stories who have had it and it has helped them. But they haven't really described anything about it - just said it helped.

Basically I'm willing to give anything a try that could help, but I just have this image of hypnotherapy being - me lying on a couch and some guy waving a watch infront of my eyes and putting me under (don't really fancy that LOL) :D

So, just wondered if anyone could explain what actually happens etc as I'm a bit confused [:I] but want to give it a try.

Thanks,

Lou xxx

nomorepanic
27-01-07, 19:59
Try this..

How Hypnotherapy can help with Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=hypnotherapy)

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

matt1981
27-01-07, 20:03
I have a hypnotherapy CD it freaked me out a bit at first but after that I liked it. If it does freak you out remember it wont do you any harm :)

Nick1981
27-01-07, 20:56
HI Louise,
I had NLP which involved being put inti a light trace. To begin with i felt a bit silly, but once i relaxed i found it really useful. I didnt just use it to try and identify the underlying cause of my GAD/Panic Disorder but to 'reprogramme' my thought patterns and reactions to situations. In total i had about 8 sessions. I also brought a CD from on the Web which complimented the NLP therapy.
I would recommend giving it a try
Nick

"It does get better"

trevor
28-01-07, 00:38
hi,

i have tried hypno with the 2nd besy hypno in the country 100 quid an hour and he said i was too anxious to be hypnotised but looking back i was in a bad way but now i have chilled alot i am gonna give it a go ,

heard lots of good reports about it so yeah when i pluck up the courage to spend some money im gonna give it a try,
if u do it before me please post,

i have heard thou that after the hypno u can feel quite down or a little depressed is this true ?
anyways im goinnng for it,

good luck

trevor[8D]

better to fight for something than to live for nothing

jo61
28-01-07, 09:52
Good luck both of you and let us know how you get on.

Jo

rufus
28-01-07, 16:39
Hi, yeah I had hypnoanalysis for about 7 weeks - I didn't find out anything new that could be affecting my anxiety and would describe it as just being in a very relaxed state - wasn't any different to deep relaxtion for me, so it was a nice feeling but I was left thinking 'what is all the fuss about'? Hope this puts your mind at rest, it really isn't a big deal and I think the media paint the wrong picture about hypnosis.

take care, Rufus xx

Moonstone
29-01-07, 20:03
Hi Louise
im having hypnotherapy at the moment, ive had it twice before quite a few years back but for reasons beyond my control, mainly financial, was unable to probably get the best out of it.
please if you do go for this though do your homework and get one thats recommended if you can, i was seeing someone for 3 weeks previous to the chap who ive got now, she wasnt very good with me at all, she didnt seem confident in helping me and made me feel quite let down, she even yawned when i was telling her the details of my problems!!! very unprofessional!
the chap that came today is a million miles removed from her in every way so im feeling very confident and have much faith in him.
just one thing if you do go ahead, you do have to enter a kind of partnership with a hypnotherapist, they cannot just take every problem away by hypnosis, but they can give you the mind tools to work with that will make a difference if your able to relax and be fully confident in the treatment.
i say go for it but do your homework.
best of luck
moon
xxx