PDA

View Full Version : visible vein in neck...freaking me out..a lot.

Daniele_T
31-05-15, 17:29
Thanks for reading I'll try to be brief...

Over the past week or two I've noticed the vein in the right side of my neck showing a little when looking in the mirror.
It's not bulging when I'm stood upright but if I turn my head or lurch my neck it can be seen clearly about the width of a pencil.

The left side isn't the same.
I stupidly used Dr Google and tho k I have some serious jugular veinous pressure or deadly I'll ess about to do me in.

Does anyone else have the same kind of veins showing in similar conditions?
I recently had a normal ecg and bloods were all fine but I'm still in a state a d fearing the worst.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Emilym80
02-06-15, 04:06
Hi Daniele,

I have very visible veins all over as I'm quite pale. However, I've noticed that they're more prominent lately with my anxiety. I'm quite sure that I would have seen them before, but there's a possibility that I simply didn't. I've also heard that high levels of stress make your heart beat stronger and veins more visible, etc.

If it was something to worry about, I think it'd be bulging out of your neck. You can only see it under certain circumstances- which makes me think it's not worrying. Your anatomy will also change over time which makes things look different than they used to. Is there a possibility that you've lost weight, even a tiny bit? That could account for it, too.

As always, see your doctor if you're unsure but I would try not to bother- they'll likely tell you that veins are just a normal part of bodily anatomy.

All the best :)

Daniele_T
06-06-15, 18:33
Thank you Emily