PDA

View Full Version : New to NMP

mrsjoseph123
31-05-15, 20:52
Hi all,

I'm Tasha, I'm 23 and I have been diagnosed with Panic Disorder w/ Agoraphobia since 2010. I currently take 20mg Seroxat once daily and 40mg Propranolol as and when required.

My panic is present only when I am alone (and on planes but that was before my diagnosis). I cannot be home alone, I cannot travel alone etc all due to my overwhelming fear of having a panic attack. My first attack was when I was 18 and a friend went missing when we were abroad (she came back safe and sound but the experience obviously shook me up). Been panicking ever since. I have had several sessions of CBT but it hasn't helped. The difficult thing is, I have all the knowledge about panic..I KNOW it can't hurt me and it's just adrenaline etc but I am still petrified and convinced I am going to be like this forever :'(

I have never met anyone with a condition simiiar to mine so really hoping to meet someone who can understand me :(

Thanks guys, hope to hear from somebody soon

Tashx
:yesyes:

venusbluejeans
31-05-15, 20:58
Hiya mrsjoseph123 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

helloworld
01-06-15, 23:20
Hi tasha,

Well I have a condition similar to yours! Happy to chat and offer mutual support advice etc....

Hope things going OK at the moment,
Best
Mark