PDA

View Full Version : Hello hello hello!

vixenelle
01-06-15, 20:25
Hi! My name's Samantha, I'm nineteen years old, I'm a sophomore in college, and I live in California, USA. I have always been a nervous and scared person my entire life, but my anxiety exploded on me January 2015. Ever since then I feel like I've hit my breaking point and I'm on a slow healing process.

I had anxiety, which led to agoraphobia, which developed into a depression, which led to me having acute anxiety and sparse moments of derealization.

Currently I'm heavily tormented with existential questions (which sounds so cliché omg) but it's really impeding the way I live my day-to-day life... whatever that is.

I'm not sure to what extent I'm supposed to introduce myself here :roflmao: I'm a writer, I love chocolate, papaya, being barefoot, and the ocean. I used to be an optimist and a lover and I'm trying to recuperate to get back that point.

I'm in this forum because family and friends are a blessing in times of need but sometimes you just need to shoot the shit with people who will understand and are as mentally frigg'd up as you, you know?

Thanks for existing, all of you.

venusbluejeans
01-06-15, 20:33
Hiya vixenelle and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

helloworld
01-06-15, 23:08
Hi Samantha.

I guess we hit a bad patch at exactly the same time.... I started getting severe panic attacks around Christmas and this rather quickly developed into borderline agoraphobia. Am pleased to say I got myself most of the way back again over the last 6 months, although still struggling to do various things I used to find easy. Hope things get better for you soon and feel free to PM me if you want some support. I used to live in CA too! (A long time ago....)

Best,
Mark