PDA

View Full Version : anyone else paranoid about teeth ...

pepsi
01-06-15, 22:23
One of my bottom teeth appears longer than the others and tonight it's started to hurt....its red along the gum line and after so much trauma in the past with dentists I am really scared I'm going to lose it and there's not enough structure to fix a fake one in there ...I am getting myself all anxious ...I've always never had to courage to go to the dentist ..hard to explain ....I've wish I did dental fears do fuel my heath anxiety .

Old 68
28-06-15, 11:36
Before Christmas I broke a Tooth.
Not been to a Dentist for many years.Just the thought made me wretch.
After much searching I found the address of my local Sedation Clinic.
Nervously made an appointment.Got through it,cost Money as it was done privately.
Thought that was the end of it,but no,another piece has broken off the same Tooth.
Made another appointment for 8th July.Should be easy.
But the old Nerves and Anxiety have come flooding back.
Counting the days now ,ruining my life,can't concentrate on anything.Except my Teeth.
So,you are not alone.

unsure_about_this
30-06-15, 11:43
yes I got at difficult mouth to keep clean, scared if I need another filling, I do go to the dentist every three months. I get embarrassed about my teeth a lot.

Fishmanpa
30-06-15, 12:44
I worry about my teeth but for good reason. I've never had the best teeth but not the worst. Never really had too many issues either. I could have been more diligent concerning hygiene but have done an Ok job through my life. Many have a filling and the wisdom teeth are gone.

The issue for me is the fact I had radiation due to H&N cancer. I have a good dentist who's acutely aware of my situation and had two extractions prior to treatment. The problem is, radiation causes issues with the bone in the jaw and teeth. No longer can I have an extraction without risking serious issues like necrosis of the bone. I would have to do hyperbaric oxygen chamber treatments to help the jaw heal and even then there still can be problems. Bottom line is, it can get ugly and very $$$$ fast.

I broke a filling the other day and I'm off to the dentist this morning. I have the feeling this will require some extensive work and a crown.... ~sigh~ That = $$$$. Wish me luck!

Positive thoughts