PDA

View Full Version : I keep googling my symptoms at night, can't sleep!!!

Joeee
01-06-15, 23:54
So I went to see the doctor again last friday and she said i need to go to CBT, she also told me to stop googling my symptoms because I keep getting myself worked up. I've had a sore throat on one side for the past few days, I checked my tonsils and one side was slightly enflammed but I had a major anxiety attack over a small dark spot at the back of my mouth near my wisdom tooth, I googled it and now I'm worried that had mouth cancer, and now suddenly the side of my jaw is hurting and i'm completely worked up over it and now i can't get it out of my head, I keep going to the doctors every week because I find something new and I'm starting to get embarrassed because i'm always there! I don't know what to do now since it's midnight and i have to be up early in the morning and i'm afraid i won't sleep which makes my anxiety worse!!:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::un sure::unsure:

Gary A
02-06-15, 00:22
Well yeah...stopping googling your symptoms would sure be a good place to start. If you've been at the doctors that amount of times I think we can safely say there's nothing physically wrong with you, you just have anxiety and it's fixated upon your health. You're thinking yourself unwell here, you're actually giving yourself these symptons by constantly fixating on the worst possible scenario.

Get some rest, there's nothing wrong with you. CBT will help you, if that's not going so great then medications may be considered. First step is to get away from Google though, seriously, it's a search engine, not a doctor.