PDA

View Full Version : another pain attack

scratch1971
02-06-15, 01:36
Just woke up at 1am and hand another panic attack..

Even though I know its a panic attack from the symptoms I still worry.

I not overly stressed and cant see why I am getting them. They did start a few years back where I would get one once a year, which was pretty scary the first few times.

Know I get panic attacks quite regularly, and if not a full blown one.. the symptoms.

Just lately they have been giving me really bad back pain.... I have also have an issue were my jaw is really tight all the time (they have given me a mouth guard for that), and my tongue is dry and white.

Started to get me down a bit

Pocoyo31
02-06-15, 11:34
i know how your feeling, the cramped feeling in the jaw is the bodys natural fight or flight reaction. the muscles are tense. its like a domino effect with the back problems. the first muscles which are effected by stress and panic are the neck and shoulder muscles. that in turn with time can effect the whole back and give u a muscle disbalance(which i have at the mo, can be really painfull at times)

i do something called autogene training(its a calming audio, youtube has it) and the occasional joga for panic and anxiety. if that is not enough try before you go to bed progressive muscle training. its a process where you tense a muscle group for 6 seconds and then release for 20seconds or so. seems daft but after a while the muscles will memorize when to relax and not always be tense. this may help with your back pain. an osteopath is also good for muscle and joint stiffness(downside is that it costs )

chin up and always think it only panic attacks. try breathing exercises and all should be fine

nomorepanic
02-06-15, 23:04
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.