PDA

View Full Version : How long for an allergic reaction to show

julieG
02-06-15, 12:27
Hi folks. I'm having really bad sinus/tooth pain (seeing dentist and doctor tomorrow). I've been advised to take solphadeine. I have a tablet phobia but took two last night then went straight to bed. The pain is so bad again today that I took 2 more but I'm now freaking out that I am going to have some horrendous reaction to them. I took them about an hour ago.

I do feel a bit funny but not sure if it's just my high anxiety down to taking the damn things in the first place. Any thoughts please?

Thanks for reading x

Gary A
02-06-15, 12:30
Some people feel slightly funny due to the codeine, but the effects are pretty much nothing. There's really no need to worry about taking this medication, it's one of the most common painkillers on the market and will do you absolutely no harm.

julieG
02-06-15, 16:30
Thanks Gary. Felt a bit jittery but maybe because they have caffeine in them. About to take 2 more.... Lol x

dally
02-06-15, 18:33
Hi Julie
Codine is a very good painkiller, if solpadine has caffeine in it it might keep you slightly more alert like a few cups of coffee would do. But that's all.

MyNameIsTerry
03-06-15, 01:19
If its the jitters, and if they have caffeine in them, its likely that. When anxiety is constantly higher you can be more susceptible to anything stimulating and caffeine is often used as it helps with transportation of various medications.

Perhaps the level of caffeine is too high for you right now or how well absorbed it is compared to normally ingested caffeine.

I think an allergic reaction would be more noticeable.