PDA

View Full Version : Mirena coil - Complex Hyperplasia

scorpionwhispers
02-06-15, 21:54
I am looking for some support/reassurance.

I have complex hyperplasia and one treatment option is Mirena Coil. I've been on Citalopram for 3 years roughly - I have depression and anxiety. I'm worried firstly that inserting the Mirena Coil and endometrial ablation will be more painful than I can cope with and also that this will set my health anxiety off.

There seem to be a lot of posts on here and the internet about increase in anxiety linked with the Mirena coil. I guess I'm just generally worried and can see this could easily spiral out of control :weep:

sully82
03-06-15, 15:49
I have the Mirena currently and had it once before for 5 years and a year break between the two. I feel it did increase my anxiety both times for 1-2 years before I calmed down. It may just be me as the hormones stay in your uterus. I don't have issues while on the pill. I also have serious issues with acne with the Mirena. I'm going to talk to my doctor about removing it and going back on the pill. Please know that the Mirena will effect everyone differently and just because I have issues don't mean you will.

Annie0904
03-06-15, 17:46
I have a mirena coil and have no problems at all with it. You didn't say your age but I am 57 and I have mine as part of my hrt so I also have oestrogen patches which keep the anxiety under control.

scorpionwhispers
03-06-15, 18:11
I'm 33.

I know some people are fine, I just struggle to believe I am one of those people! I guess I'm just worried about everything...overthinking everything and a little scared of feeling worse.

sully82
03-06-15, 18:49
I'm 32. I had my first when I was 25. I just think everyone's hormones are different. I've talked to people who have no problems at all.