PDA

View Full Version : No sleep :(

Crystalhiggs
03-06-15, 11:30
Just having a moan... Coming down off trazodone, couldn't sleep last night. Feeling grotty today :( just needed sonewhere to vent where people understand!!! Ugh!

gregcool
03-06-15, 15:10
Sorry to hear that crystal.nothing worse than not sleeping.coming off traz will do that to you..like me with my olanzipine,hopefully things will settle down soon..

Crystalhiggs
03-06-15, 19:11
It's been a long old day! I hope I'll sleep tonight!!! Yes could well be to do with the Trazodone! Early night for me tonight!

Hope you sleep ok greg without your pill!

gregcool
03-06-15, 19:27
Well sounds like you will be ready for a early night..good luck hope you get a good few hrs

Crystalhiggs
03-06-15, 20:45
Thanks Greg, you too!!!

SADnomore
03-06-15, 21:03
I just thought I'd ask ... Are you able to just take it every other night, or must you come off the traz completely and for good? Whereas my doctor (rightly so) discouraged me taking zopiclone, he doesn't have a problem with Trazodone, and it doesn't appear to cause problems for health overall? Some people do manage on it as an antidepressant, although it didn't work for enough folks to be used as that primarily. I love the gentleness (to me) and how it does work, given a bit of cooperation on my part!

MyNameIsTerry
04-06-15, 06:20
Sorry to hear this, Crystal.

Think of it like the issues with Zopiclone though and how you beat you way through that not long ago. Your body will take some time to recover and reinstitute a cleep pattern so give it as much encouragement as you can and get your headphones on to relax to.

Crystalhiggs
04-06-15, 10:05
I just thought I'd ask ... Are you able to just take it every other night, or must you come off the traz completely and for good? Whereas my doctor (rightly so) discouraged me taking zopiclone, he doesn't have a problem with Trazodone, and it doesn't appear to cause problems for health overall? Some people do manage on it as an antidepressant, although it didn't work for enough folks to be used as that primarily. I love the gentleness (to me) and how it does work, given a bit of cooperation on my part!

Hi this has just come from me not my doctor, I don't like Trazodone or the way it makes me feel unfortunately. It did help me sleep eventually but I just swapped one set of problems for another with it. With the doctors advice I'm tapering slowly so will gradually whittle it down and try to get my natural sleep back. It's been a tough year! Glad it woks well for you, sadly I've had too many side effects from it. X

---------- Post added at 10:05 ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 ----------

Sorry to hear this, Crystal.

Think of it like the issues with Zopiclone though and how you beat you way through that not long ago. Your body will take some time to recover and reinstitute a cleep pattern so give it as much encouragement as you can and get your headphones on to relax to.

Thanks Terry yes I keep thinking I came off zopiclone and was fine after a few days so hopefully this will be the same. Last night I didn't feel the trazodone did anything and I eventually dropped off (hours later) somewhat naturally. Only had around 4 hours sleep but hopefully this will improve as time goes on!

If someone told me 4 months ago that I'd be happy on 4 hours sleep I'd never have believed them!!!