PDA

View Full Version : Mirtazapine/Duloxetine

NinjaKitty
03-06-15, 12:31
HI there everyone, I have been gone for a while unfortunately long period of recovery after my brain surgery. But my post isn't about that it is about my MEDS eeeeek!!!

I have been taking mirtazapine (remeron) at 45mg now for nearly 3 yrs but finding it piles on the weight.

SO my psychiatrist this week has decreased it to 30mg and started me on Duloxetine (cymbalta) at 30mg

So i am now on

30mg Mirtazapine (remeron)
30mg Duloxetine (cymbalta)

Now here comes my really irritating part
Yesterday I took the duloxetine during the day felt sleepy and a bit disjoointed after taking it and as always the usual anxious type feelings after taking a new anti depressant nothing major just felt a bit wrong

Took my mirtazapine at 8.30pm as always and then my sleeping meds at around 11.30 (they are 5mg diazepam and 20mg temazepam)

Now im really scared to take the duloxetine again as i hardly slept last night even on sleeping meds..... so im looking for help to see if it is better to take the duloxetine along with the mirtazapine at night or keep doing the daily dose of duloxetine and the night time dose of mirtazapine? And if anyonehas any information about experiances of being on both of these meds at the same time??

Any help at all will be So SO so helpful right now as I am completely bemused as to what to do.

Help and Thanks
Kitty xxx:blush:

MyNameIsTerry
04-06-15, 05:51
I don't know about as a combo as I've never taken Mirt, but I am on Duloxetine. Until you hit 60mg, its just working as a SSRI so that might broaden your scope to gauge the experience of others. If you are going up to 60mg then talk to people on Duloxetine but also Ven which has similiar effects.

Duloxetine caused me no sleep issues, in fact I was very surprised by this after my experience years before from Citalopram as well as how anxious the 60mg of Duloxetine made me for a short while due to the side effects.

Would taking that earlier reduce this so that your Mirt was working more at night for you without interaction?

SADnomore
04-06-15, 06:16
Hi, all, hope you don't mind my two cents. Thanks Terry for the opening :D

As one who is on ven, I can confirm that my daytime drowsiness was bordering on exhaustion mid-afternoon (depressing in itself), until I started taking it at night. What happened was I was traveling and missed my usual morning dose, so I had to take it that night. I am on Trazodone for sleep and ... voila! No interference, I slept pretty well in fact, and best of all, the daytime ick and sleepiness vanished within days! Worth a try I'd say, although it will be a bit of a bump switching (short half-life may have you feeling out of it and all that first day). I would honestly just take the one extra dose that night if you don't have anything much on the go ...

Good luck!

NinjaKitty
07-06-15, 15:50
Im finding after day 6 on it I take it in the afternoon around 12pm
By ven are you describing venlafaxine? thats one med on my list of not allowed due to it's irritation in people with epilepsy (which I have ) so it's on my not too do list unfortunately.

But so far i have only had 2 high anxy days since taking the duloxetine it is now making me a little bit tired during the day but i am sleeping better at night all in all I'm not suffering anything major except a few headaches and some little bursts of anxiety which im kicking in the butt.

So far so good we shall see how good it goes and if it doesn't work i'll see what my next option is from my psychiatrist.

thanks guys for the info

kitty xx
:hugs:

MyNameIsTerry
09-06-15, 10:14
Sorry, I didn't mean for you to use Venlafaxine, but I meant because the Duloxetine board seems to barely move, the Ven people may be a good support for you with it being another SNRI.

NinjaKitty
10-06-15, 11:14
Oh no problem in all honesty the duloxetine had a anxiety blow the 1st 3 days i felt the usual settling in symptoms and now nothing Im on day 7 now and nothing is happening no side effects along with no impact on anything can't make up mmy mind if this is good or bad lol.
I will give them the recommended time 6 weeks before I see my psychiatrist again who presribes them and see what he has to say.

on the upside i was trying to lose weight and finallly my apetite has calmed down I just need to get better from surgery and get exercising again.

NinjaKitty
12-06-15, 12:21
Ok so after day 8/9 i came of these things OMG th effect on my head and the numbness is a BIG NO NO not taking one again I haven't taken one today or yesterday and i feel better already and It definitly had nothingto do with anxiety it was side effect of the med and I so don't want to go there!!! time to see my Psych for another type of med to replace the mirtzapine.

Kitty xxx