PDA

View Full Version : Chest Tightness / Breathing Issues / Wheezing

dittarco
03-06-15, 17:43
Hi -

Can someone please let me know if this has ever been a result of your stress or constant anxiety / panic:

Chronic Hyperventilation Syndrome - i feel like I do not breathe right most of the time, which leads to chest tightness, frequent yawning, headache / pressure, light headed feeling, tingling in hands.

today, I thought i heard a wheezing type sound on a couple of exhales and now I am freaking out.

could it be in my head? i am exhaling very hard... maybe it's not wheezing? feeling like a light vibrating in my lower diaphragm / upper stomach. I don't hear a WHISTLING sound.. maybe it's not wheezing.

:-( help

iwanttofeelbetter
22-07-15, 04:00
I know what you mean with that vibrating feeling =/ I think it comes from muscles being so overused.

I have had CHS since october and I have all the symptoms. I bought the book "Chronic Hyperventilation Syndrome" by Dinah Bradley and I also had a chest x ray. After that it started getting better but hasnt gone away. I havent started the exercises yet because Im too scared they wont work.

I know its the worst feeling :( Has yours gone away yet? Some things that help me are exercising and trying to be really distracted. Try as hard as you can not to breathe deeply. I have also heard from somebody who used to have this that buteyko breathing helped them.

Im not allowed to post links yet but go to buteykobreathing.org slash buteykodiary.pdf