PDA

View Full Version : Heart attack/chest pain

Eggplant345
03-06-15, 23:27
i have posted on here in awhile because i was okay. no anxiety, no worries, nothing. i now have the typical pain that always causes worry, chest pain. it's a dull pain that can last a couple of seconds, go away for a couple of seconds, and then come back. or it will come for a couple of seconds and not come back for hours. sometimes it will be a quick sharp pain also. Also i feel a ticklish type of numb feeling. my left arm has been hurting also. i can admit, i'm not the healthiest eater either. Heart problems run in my family also.

my father has had 3 heart attacks, and he is going into surgery to fix something that is wrong with his heart next week. this pain started a week after i heard that he was going into surgery and i am nervous about that. could it be sympathy pains or anxiety? I want to go to the doctor, but i'm one of those hypochondriac's that will not go because I'm afraid of the results. I'm 18 years old by the way.

Fishmanpa
03-06-15, 23:45
I'd say sympathy pains at the worst here. At your age, the chances are better that you'd be hit by lightning. I've had two heart attacks, bypass surgery and stents. I assure you, it's not like what you described. I hope all works out with your Dad.

Positive thoughts