PDA

View Full Version : shortness of breath...probably.

cari
04-06-15, 01:52
Hi,

I've had health anxiety for the past few months...and it's ruining everything in my life right now.

I have had asthma since a child, and i take ventolin to treat it.
However for the past month or so, I have been having periods of needing to take deep breaths constantly.And it's only when i remember that i need to take deep breaths, that i suddenly feel breathless. How ridiculous. There has been no wheezing however.

I also suffer from night paralysis but I haven't had that in a few months/maybe a year, but tonight i was in a very shallow sleep, and i could feel myself needing to take lots of short breaths. i woke up, no sweat, no sitting up, just woke up normally, and my heartbeat wasn't fast at all. However, after a few seconds, i tried to take a few deep breaths but i couldn't without forcing it. So i've spent the past hour googling symptoms of waking up at night with shortness of breath - and it's making me pretty worried.

I also had a tummy ache when i went to sleep, so do you think that's also what woke me up?

I just want to know that am i alone in this? I've been to the doctor in the beginning when i started to feel short of breath (how convenient it was exactly during the biggest anxiety period of my life) and she took my peak flow and blood oxygen and was fine. I've had no other tests.

Should i go back and tell her that i still feel out of breath? It's just i'm totally paranoid it's lung cancer. This shortness of breathe comes every single time i think about it. It's like a continuous hyperventilation but without the panic attacks. I only get it when i come home from school!

(Another thing is i have bad gas/acid reflux for the past week or so. Just basically a bad tummy, and now i've started my period.)