PDA

View Full Version : terrible anxiety for 3 years

lindy lou 2
04-06-15, 11:00
Hi I am new on here, I have suffered from anxiety for three years, it started when I thought paroxetine stopped working after almost 15 years on & off it. I now think it was lifes events, moved house , didn't want to , but had to financially, came off paroxetine, went back on, then weaned off again with 15mg mirtazapine. Left on mirtazapine for over a year at 15 mg plus 3 5 mg diazepam daily, still never calmed down, was upped to 30 mg mirt, still anxious, then 45mg anxiety went through roof! quickly went back to 30 mg, still more anxious than on 15mg, now weaning very,very slowly. Also my best friend died, now my sister in law dying, very slowly with brain tumour, my brother always texting, to say what hell he is going through.

Been on zopiclone 7.5 for years, now on 3.75.
Every day is hell, anxious all of the time.
Psych doc is offering me 0.05 0f risperidone , scared to take any more meds ! Any advice please Linda.

venusbluejeans
04-06-15, 11:06
Hiya lindy lou 2 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

lindy lou 2
06-06-15, 14:24
Thanks for the reply, I am finding it difficult knowing how to use the site, some one mailed me to look in technical support, but can't find it.
Sorry for being dim, my brain just won't work properly at the moment.

sial72
06-06-15, 14:44
Hi Lindy Lou
Have you ever discussed tolerance to meds with the doc? This could be a possible cause why you are feeling so anxious, apart from the fact that you're obviously going through some tough experiences.
Take care x

lindy lou 2
08-06-15, 13:01
Thanks for the reply Siall, yes she knows all I have said about the Mirtazapine, & agrees I should go very slowly at coming off, another 2 weeks reducing by 1/8 of a tab then go down to 3/4 for another month.
I have started the risperidone .5 mg it's hard to know what time to take it, I tried first dose on sat in the morning, felt nothing for hours, then had a warm Epsom salt bath & went really tire, but still anxious. She actually said try different times of day, see what suits, so tried it last night before bedtime but still woke anxious, tried taking it mid morning today, see how that goes. She also told me to try taking 2 1/2 diazepam instead of three, so am doing that. Wish I had never been put on this cocktail of drugs !
Just hoping risperidone will kick in soon & help me slowly wean off the others.
Not doing my marriage of 22 years any good either, feel life is not worth living !
Linda

sial72
08-06-15, 14:30
Hi Linda
Please don't feel life is not worth living. Hang on there. Even though it might not feel like it now. YOU WILL GET BETTER. I had problems coming off medication and I had a terrible time but now it is just a distant memory.
Don't despair, try and do anything you can to distract yourself, read Claire Weekes...pm me if you need.
Sending you a relaxing hug x

lindy lou 2
08-06-15, 20:53
Hi Sial, thanks again for replying.
i have bought & read two Claire Weeks books, also Stop Thinking & Start Living, by Richard Carlson, they make total sense when I am reading them, I try to put them into practice, then find myself slipping into my old ways again, letting the panic overwhelm me !
I have arranged to go out, two days this week, with two different friends, it will be hard work, & I will be exhausted the following days, but know I have to try.
By the way, how do I pm you ? Sorry to seem thick, I am not sure how to navigate around on here yet, & my brain doesn't work properly, duh.

sial72
08-06-15, 21:54
To be honest I'm not totally sure how to PM either :blush:
I will try to send you one, if you don't hear from me it means I didn't manage :D

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

made it!!! Pm'd you :yesyes: