PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Parabola
04-06-15, 11:27
Hello,

Came across this forum by accident and got caught up in one of the posts. Have had an anxiety disorder for 20ish years which was precipitated by an encounter with illicit substances. Was heading that way anyway I'm sure, but that just sped things up :P

Since then have a had quite a few diagnoses - now basically have GAD with a bit of everything else chucked in, but its tends not to get in the way these days. I don't medicate as I can't tolerate the meds and prefer to deal with it 'straight' - I'd rather know the problem is me and not the meds. I think I'm a control freak :D

Anyways - some interesting posts. Shall see some of you out there :)

venusbluejeans
04-06-15, 11:32
Hiya Parabola and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

ricardo
04-06-15, 12:46
Hi Parabola,

Why out of interest do you think you are a control freak ? :)

Parabola
04-06-15, 15:30
Hey thanks for the welcome :) Ricardo think I'm a control freak because from my experience with meds wasn't so great. They had influence over me I don't like so I'd rather maintain the control myself and try and deal with the symptoms in a different way. Its generally worked out not bad this way for me - therapy and using Claire Weekes books helped a lot :)