PDA

View Full Version : meddication review today (olanzipine)

gregcool
04-06-15, 16:02
Iv been to the doctors today and explained about coming off this med.this doctor was very understanding.i said how i stoped sleeping since reducing it down.i also told her that i have a lot going on in my life at the moment and have a outstanding isue thats quite big.after telling her she decided to keep me on 5mg p night for now untill im more stable.so for now im back on my 5mg at night.i will come off this drug but just not yet..she said it has to be when im ready,so for now im just not ready untill things stableize a bit more.to be honest im glad she kept me on them untill im ready.

Crystalhiggs
04-06-15, 16:49
Hey greg well that's good news for now, a person can only take so much and you'll know when you're good and ready to come off it.

At least you gave it a go!

gregcool
04-06-15, 17:02
Yep.im just not ready in my mind yet.as i say i have some very stressfull stuff going on.when its delt with ill go back to my doctors and for sure will come of it,but i will taper down slowly..least i know ill sleep for now and when i do come off it slowly,my sleep wont be so effected

MyNameIsTerry
05-06-15, 07:36
I would take the advice from such as MIND and Rpsych with you because it mentions slow tapers over long periods for people who have been on various medications for a long time.

That way you would hope the impact to your sleep is less intense. I suspect its going to disrupt it though like all of these medications seem to do with our anxiety so there is an element of battling through it until you body re-adjusts.

pulisa
05-06-15, 08:54
I think that there's a very good health reason for you to come off olanzapine as soon as you can, Greg. It'll be hard but it'll be harder to deal with diabetes 2?

gregcool
05-06-15, 16:57
Yep will do Terry.im going to give it a little more time to get settled in life then will tapper of olanzipine.id love to come off it and maybe even the trazadone and be drug free..thats the dream

---------- Post added at 16:57 ---------- Previous post was at 16:56 ----------

Pulisa you are right,i dont want to be getting that..

pulisa
05-06-15, 19:04
I know it's a big thing mentally to do, Greg, especially when you need to sleep in order to face the trials of the day. It's a hard dilemma.

gregcool
06-06-15, 11:13
Pulisa.thats right its hard to do.but i will get there..

venusbluejeans
06-06-15, 13:00
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.