PDA

View Full Version : Gone from best Ive felt in years, to worst in less than 2 weeks....

scared_ter
04-06-15, 17:06
Anxiety/depression has reentered my life with a bang.
2-3 weeks ago, I was in the main part of training for a 200k cycle this Sunday, and feeling I could get thru it, to know feeling that 50k would be a struggle.
Im 2 months with my new girlfriend, she is amazing, and Im now scared this will drive her away.
End of July I take redundancy from my job of 13 years.
I've been on Setraline since Christmas 2013, and had reduced down to very little, from a daily 50mg, from probably late April onwards. I didn't take a scientific approach, was down to 25mg on days I bothered to take any. I felt my exercise and training was naturally medicating me.
I am hoping that these are withdrawal symptoms, if not then I am worried it could be MS or RA.

I told my girlfriend about my issues with depression on Saturday, and was hoping the weight lifting from that would make a positive difference. But sadly it was not.
Last night I woke with some numbness in my arms and hands, and Ive been having occasional night sweats, nothing very heavy like in the past, but they are there. Legs and feet feeling odd today, right elbow also.
Arthritis runs in my family. I actually hope that's what it is.
I am very down as I feel I wont do this cycle Sunday and that will be a big letdown, personally and I will feel a failure given lots of people know I am doing it, especially for my girlfriend and family.
And to top it off, its my birthday next Monday.
Fed up of these episodes, I wish I knew what the exact cause was.
Just felt like getting that down and out of my head in some way.
Any help appreciated.