PDA

View Full Version : Omeprazole and Dizziness?

Girl18
04-06-15, 20:41
I've been prescribed Omeprazole for my heart burn. I've been taking it everyday for the past 4 days in the morning. Today was weird though. Mid afternoon I began to get slightly dizzy and of course I got extremely nervous and anxious (sweaty palms, jittery, urge to cry). I've been experiencing high levels of stress the past two weeks at work. I'm talking chest pains which of course cause more anxiety about hear attacks and other illnesses, as well as I'm curious to know what your guys thoughts are. Whether it is the drug or whether it's stress/anxiety. I was doing nothing out of the ordinary... just typing at my desk working on work related stuff when suddenly my whole body felt "airy" and "light" and I got a slight dizziness with it. I got frightened by this which elevated everything else. I went outside to calm down hoping it's just nerves. My heart wasn't pounding and I was breathing normally. I did eat some chocolate and drank lots of cold water. Now I am back at work feeling a BIT better but still very "airy" and "light". It's a bizarre feeling.

I forgot to mention I also had coffee at around 10 in the morning today. Usually that can give me jitters. I'm wondering if it mixed with the drug.

Giraffe11
04-06-15, 23:08
I have always been ok on it hun & am very sensitive to medications xx

nomorepanic
04-06-15, 23:26
Omeprazole makes me feel dizzy for the first couple of days then I am fine on it

Girl18
05-06-15, 00:42
Omeprazole makes me feel dizzy for the first couple of days then I am fine on it

That is interesting. I was fine the first dew days and all of a sudden I am dizzy and a bit nauseous from it. Was it slight dizziness for you or pretty bad?

---------- Post added at 23:42 ---------- Previous post was at 23:41 ----------

I have always been ok on it hun & am very sensitive to medications xx

I am quite sensitive to medications as well. I usually go with homeopathic remedies before resorting to hard meds.

nomorepanic
05-06-15, 12:30
Only slight dizziness for me

Girl18
05-06-15, 15:36
Only slight dizziness for me

Yeah it's very slight for me. Although it freaked me out. Today I am better. I didn't take a pill this morning and I am starting to notice my acid reflux coming back slowly...