PDA

View Full Version : worse chest pain and shoulder blade pain I have ever had

stars22
05-06-15, 13:23
Last night I was so stressed I started to get chest pain and I felt put of it and exhausted today I awoke late to have chest pain and horrible pain in my shoulder blades the school rang because my child felt ill and I had to pick them up I managed ok too even though I felt extremely dizzy and chest pain still .
now I'm home it's got worse again I have diarrhea and feel nausea slight headache shivers tight fullness in throat and mild barely there ache in throat and jaw/cheeks my chest pain is heavy and sharp and horrible never had chest pain like this im 99% sure this is it and I'm dying I keep getting little bouts of doom Im petrified to ring a ambulance as I have done to many times wit "heart attack" symtoms to be told reflux anxiety ect and a&e is only for emergency I feel this is a emergency I feel confident I am on my way out but I'm scared they will have a go at me if it is anxiety / a bug o something im not quiete in reality anymore I don't Know what anxiety and what's really a serious problem ....
I have the kids on my own so I'm scared they will witness mummy dieing and my oldest is 5 ad
nd knows how to ring a ambulance but what if it's too late and they have to watch me die ! I sound proBaby over dramatic but I'm really scared and worried If I had experienced this pain before then I wouldn't be scared but I haven't ever had this pain I know non of you are doctors ect but has anyone had these symtoms or similar and been fine ??

countrygirl
05-06-15, 13:40
Remember most chest upper body pain is due to muscles and tendons etc the so called musculo/skeletal pain. The more your muscles are tense the more likely this is to happen. I get terrible pain in my chest and under shoulder blades etc, mostly very shart stabbing pains and this is due to problems I have with my spine. I have in the past had about 3 blood tests to rule out heart attack just for my peace of mind.

You can also get shoulder pain from gallstones, the right shoulder area but you would have pain under your right rib as well, this pain can be unbelievable but usually only last up to 12 hrs once the gallstone has passed.

Any stomach complaint can give you chest/shoulder pain as well. Have you taken any remedies like gaviscon to see if that helps?

Any flu type bug can give you awful muscular pains in chest etc, I once had a flu bug that started with awful pain in chest and back. Given all your other symptoms could it be a bug thats going around??

If you have to then do ring someone even an ambulance as they may be able to reassure you with an ecg reading that you don't need to go to hospital.