PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline 25mg - Nervous of taking this!

Sizzle
05-06-15, 15:42
Ok, so my doctor has prescribed Sertraline, for my anxiety. They are 50mg tabs, but I can split them in half. Reluctant to take the full 50mg, so I guess I will start with 25mg. I am always nervous of takings anything new. Can anyone out there share their experiences with this ssri? What should I expect? I plan to take them in the morning, not keen to take them in the evening as I heard they can disturb sleep??

Sunflower2
05-06-15, 19:18
Hi Sizzle,

There is a long running thread on this in the sub forum, here is a link (hope this works!) http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=166309

I have also been prescribed this and currently building up the courage to take it, I'm terrified of side effects. The annoying thing with these meds is that they affect everyone differently, and no one can say how you will react. From what I've researched though, taking half a tablet seems to be a more gentle way into them. I'm planning on taking a quarter as I'm such a baby!!

Sizzle
06-06-15, 19:10
Thank you for the link, Kimberley. I have started 25mg tonight.

Sparkle1984
06-06-15, 19:33
Just wanted to say good luck with it! :) I also replied to your other thread about SSRIs and sleep.

Sunflower2
06-06-15, 19:51
Good luck!