PDA

View Full Version : Extreme light headedness on standing

MidnightCalm
05-06-15, 16:16
I've had this for as long as I can remember but it seems to be worse now. When I stand up from simply sitting on the couch I feel my heart beat change and I can become extremely light headed like I may faint. Does anybody else get this? Sometimes it's not so bad and other times it can be terrible /:

hopey
05-06-15, 16:31
Hi Midnight Calm. re lightheadedness. Have had anxiety for a long time now in fact am getting to the stage thinking am I ever going to feel better ???? For the very first time on Wednesday evening did not feel too good went to bathroom and I felt soooo
light headed and it lasted for a very long time. Needless to say this did not do my
anxiety any good.
I also find I am better when lying down or sitting and when getting up to walk it really affects me more. I do hope that you will soon be feeling a lot better. from Hopey.

Charlotteee89
05-06-15, 21:53
My main anxiety symptom is lightheadeness - it's awful! I tend to get it worse when I'm standing still or sitting down, walking around ease's it for me as I'm distracted and it's made worse when I'm hungry or tired.

I think it's just the adrenaline that's pumping around your body.

pollynewsome
15-06-15, 18:40
Hi guys, i also get this and suffer from anxiety.. its scary! I hate it.. i am the same charlotteee sitting down or standing still and its far worse.. i have to get busy.. it can be with me all day sometimes. i was prescribed phrocloperazine and it worked wonders but when i read about the side affects and what it was also for i stopped taking it and now scared to take it again but it did work:( good luck all. x

Fishmanpa
16-06-15, 18:53
My guess is that it's a very common phenomenon called orthostatic hypotension. It's when there's a drop in your BP when going from a sitting or lying position to standing up. It can last a few seconds to several minutes.

Positive thoughts

Calvin Harris
17-02-18, 01:15
Any cures too this? was it just anxiety?

melfish
17-02-18, 03:41
My guess is that it's a very common phenomenon called orthostatic hypotension. It's when there's a drop in your BP when going from a sitting or lying position to standing up. It can last a few seconds to several minutes.

Positive thoughts

OR postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), where the heart rate increases 30+ bpm without a drop in BP

WiseMonkey
17-02-18, 04:18

Positive thoughts

Yes Fishmanpa that's exactly what it is, a drop in blood pressure, happens to everyone and just a normal body function. Absolutely no need to stress about this :)